I'm scared i can't love 2 =/.

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Feb 11th is getting closer and closer.. and the closer it gets the guiltier i feel! - what if Kade feels left out when Logan get's here? what if i can't love Logan with the same intensity of love i have for Kade? I just can't seem to get past the fact that i feel as if Kade will think i'm replacing him =/, stupid hormones.

23 weeks today =] x

hi I can relate to this but for different reasons. My son was very poorly when he was born and really is a miracle baby I just don't know how any other baby can possible compete with him when he went through so much just to survive. However as time goes on I find it getting better and I know I will love this baby just as much and be just as proud but for different reasons.

I think you just have to have faith in yourself as a mother and know that you will love both your children equally.

I'm sure it is the hormones!

Believe me you will love them equally but very differently one of the things I love so much about my 3 monsters is they all have different qualities which make them special. When I was expecting my second I felt the same things and I am sure most if not all women do and probably the men aswell.
My eldest was very jealous at first when we had our second son and refused to come near me for about a week he was punishing me because of this interloper, but we made sure he felt included we got him a present that was from his baby brother and gave it to him when he came to visit after the birth, and we gave him little jobs to do to help mummy and his baby like fetching a nappy or babies coat.
If you are having mummy and Kade time make sure your OH has the baby and knows not to interrupt so Kade doesn't feel pushed out. Also don't try and make any changes in his life like going to a toddler bed or toilet training at the same time.

your heart just grows hun, you won't believe how much........

:hug: :hug: :hug:

It worries me too hun, I think it's only natural. I already feel guilty for not paying as much attention to this pregnancy after the first bit as I did to Elliott's. I'm sure it will happen though. I'm hoping he will be ok about it all too, we do talk about it a lot and he does really like babies. His best friend has a little sister and so he's familiar with the idea of little baby sister or brothers. We listen to the baby's heartbeat together sometimes with my doppler and I tell him about how it's going to be the four of us soon. Not sure what other prep I can do really!

I'm sure it will be fine and it's just my hormones though
:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Rosebay said:
It worries me too hun, I think it's only natural. I already feel guilty for not paying as much attention to this pregnancy after the first bit as I did to Elliott's.

I agree completely.

I'm not worried about loving the baby, I'm more worried that my daughter will miss out on the attention, she is a real mummy's girl and gets jealous easily if say a friends child comes to sit on my lap for a cuddle, she comes straight over and has to cuddle into me even more so than the other child, as if to say, she's my mummy.

I agree that it'll be important to make sure that (espicially in the early days) that I still get to have one on one time with Phoebe.

I had these feelings too it's normal.

Someone (I cant remember who), told me that loving your babes is not like slicing up a cake and sharing it between them, the slices dont get smaller the more babies you have, every time you have a baby you get a whole new cake for each of them.

It sounds a bit silly witten down but it worked for me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back