• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm getting induced at 38 weeks. How do they get baby eng?!!

sarahk

Reaction score
Had another hospital appointment yesterday, the confirmed my induction will be in my 38th week, they wont let me go full term and put any further strain on my liver. If my blood results go up too high, it could be sooner, but at the moment its 38 weeks confirmed!! (eeeekk!!!)

My question is, what if baby is not in the correct position?? Can they turn the baby and hope the contractions engage the baby?? I'd like to avoid a c-sec if possible, so would like to have a go at pushing, can they make a baby engage if its not quite ready yet???!!!!

Eeeeekkkkk 5 weeks to go!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The baby doesn't have to be engaged for you to go into labour. When I was induced with my son he was back to back and wasn't engaged at all, but as my labour progressed he got into position.

Thanks!!! Dont know too much about that stage of preganancy!!

James was only 3/5 engaged when I went into labour with him. I think the contractions push them down further.

Good luck with the induction, not long now! :dance:

hi :wave:
i was induced twice my 1st at 38 weeks and my 2nd at 36 weeks, neither of my babies were engaged or even partly engaged but they got into position as my labours progressed and my labours were quite short and intense but everything went very well with them both. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back