• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm back!!!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
Finally, Daddy is back at work after his Paternity Leave, so I now have time to come back on here!! :dance:

I've missed you all. :hug:

I can't believe what a fantastic 2 and a half weeks I have had. We have had a great time settling in as a new bigger family, and me and DH have been spending loads of lovely time together when Kayleigh is at school. I feel a bit lost today! Charlie is getting more amazing every day, and I really can't believe that he's mine! I can't remember a time without him though, and all the pain I was in during pregnancy is a distant memory. I'm even considering going through it all again!! :shock:

I did have a few off days in the first week as I was in pain from the section, agony from engorged boobs (I formula fed from the start), and still looked 6 months pregnant and was getting a bit depressed about it all. But my brother got married on Friday the 8th, and I had a great time at the reception. Charlie was obviously centre of attention, and I managed to be able to find something that didn't make me look enormous! I wore a wrap over dress I bought from New Look - it's stretchy fabric, and very bright bold coloured shapes, and although it was a dress, I wore some white maternity linen trousers underneath to make me feel more comfy. I had so many positive comments (oh, and 3 glasses of Sangria!) that I came away feeling great. So if any new mums are feeling a bit down, get yourself to a party, it really helps!

Then last Sunday was the best day ever. Apologies in advance for any pg women reading this, but I had to share! Charlie slept for 6 hours Saturday night (10pm - 4am), then another 4 after his feed, so I didn't get up until 8.30am. DH then commented that I looked as if my tummy had gone down drastically overnight, so I tried my size 12 jeans on, and they fit!! :D 10 days post-delivery!!! Then I had runny boiled eggs and soldiers. :D Then lunch was crackers with pate, stilton and brie cheeses. Yum! Then Kayleigh went swimming, Charlie went sleep, and me and DH managed a cuddle in the afternoon!!! First for weeks due to the SPD!! :D Then dinner at night was rare steak with a stilton sauce and 2 glasses of Rioja. All the things I had been missing for months in one day!!!!!!! :lol:

Charlie was weighed yesterday, and has put on almost a pound in less than a week! He's now 7lb 15 and a half oz, and getting lovely chubby cheeks!

I'm now going to try to spend an hour or two sorting out some of the latest photos of Charlie to bore you all with!! :roll:

It's great to be back!! :cheer:

Hi Tankett,

Great to see you back. Hurry up with the photos...I'm off work (sprained ankle yesterday :roll: ) so need some pics to cheer me up!

Pea x

wow thats great you seem so happy. so glad you have had a nice break and quality time with our family, some times its easy to be to tired to make effort for any one else.

so that painfull pregnancy was all worth it. and now seems yrs ago :cheer:

yey welcome back.... glad you have had a lovely start to second motherhood ..... but cuddles after 10 days!!!! are you made haha xxx

Hi Tankett, I've been thinking about you so its so nice to hear what a wonderful experience you are having after your nightmare section :shock: Due to some complications I am now having Leorah on the 5th Oct (3 weeks early) and have been crapping myself about the section but I think you experienced something unusual didn't you?

Congrats at being back in a size 12 again, that must have been such a lovely moment :lol: My mouth is watering at the thought of pate and red wine, not long now!

Does Kayleigh adore baby Charlie? I bet she does, little brothers are really special (mine still is and he's 28 :lol: )

Anyway I look forward to seeing the pics and hope you will be coming on when you can again :hug:

:wave: :dance: yey you're back!!

congrats huni!!! and well done getting back into you're j's so quick!!! i wish i could have a glass of wine and some brie :( lol

cant wait to see the piccies!!!!!

take care

cas xxxx

Ahhhhhh Hun....I feel all happy and gooey and emotional now!! :roll:
So lovely to hear everything is perfect for you. You deserve it MMMMMMM rare steak, wine, brie, prawns etc...i feasted on them all when id given birth.....Welcome back, you wont be lonely now OH is back to work, you'll have us!!!!!!! :dance:

hey hun so glad ur back and glad charlie is doing well
and all that food is making me feel so hungry

:wave: Nice to see you back Tankett, Sounds like you ae doing great and recovering really well from the section!
Hope Kayleigh is enjoying being a big sister :D

xx

Hi Tankett!! Welcome back missed you.

Im very jelous of Charlies sleeping habbits Noah is still a git who keeps waking in the night!! lol

Will be looking forward to seeing those pics

Thats such a lovely story Tankett, you sound so happy and you deserve it.

Mmmmmm the food...cant wait to be able to eat all that again!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more piccies.

How is the housing situation? Where are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back