I'm a pram obsessive already - help!!!!

Lisaberry

Reaction score
I cant help it. I try and control myself but I cant. Everytime I'm near the internet for some reason prams just pop up on the page!

I already have 3 from last time but they just will not do - I HAVE to have a new one!

I really like the M&P Joolz in purple but I am pretty sure its going to have to be a Bugaboo cameleon. (think it will have to come off ebay as alas no lottery win yet)

Anyone else already dreaming about prams? I may be past 12 weeks now but I started looking as soon as I got my BFP.

My husband has agreed to take me to the baby show on 1st March (thought as I would be 14 weeks the next day that is was 'safe' enough to go) poor guy is in for one hell of a day!!!

whats the m&ps one?
I love looking at prams but have found the one I want, which is a silver cross (one of the girls on the forum put it up and I was like thats sooo my pram!) trouble is in my town they only have the one version of it which isnt the one I want, so I may have to go on a hunting trip!!!!!
I will not give up till I have that pram!! its this one in this color to...
http://www.silvercross.co.uk/sleepover_ ... hassis.php

:rotfl: Mine's nursery furniture!!!

Not even 5 weeks and already figured out what it's going to look like, what furniture we're having, what type of moses basket etc!!

Here's the M&P one, couldn't find a picture of both bits in purple...

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product- ... 31/type-s/

I love the silvercross one, that colour is lovely....its more fun to go on a special trip to get the pram anyway! I looked at some silvercross ones last time but my MIL bought the pram so I had to find one on offer (how will she take the news I dont want to use it again)

My local town is rubbish...going to go to Southampton to have a nosey and a play soon!

I got a M&P Pliko last time, looked lovely when I first got it but then needed one where little one could face me so I got an I'coo Infinity which was really cheap and looks quite like a Bugaboo!

As for nursery furniture I would love one of those M&P sets in cream and wood colour - goregous!!! I have all my furniture though from last time, was just a cheapy set from Argos but I guess will do (Lisaberry drags her fet)

We are being given one from a friend but I want to see it now!! Its very nice of them to let us have it, they spent alot on it and they said that we could just have it.

As for nursery stuff I've picked all the things i want and I'm going to get some bits and bats in april so i can start to decorate the room, get new curtains and a blind things like that. I'm not going to get a cot and big things until closer to the time, don't want to tempt fate.

Pretty sure I'm going to buy a second hand M&Ps one off a mate's mate, she only wants £100 for it, it's a full travel system and in good nick so sounds good to me. I'm so overwhelmed by all the options I think it's best to just go for it!

I really want a new pram but I think we're going to end up using the one I used last time, Its the mothercare trenton deluxe, which I love.
I just wanted to get decent use but my son was really big and outgrew the carry cot unit really soon, so I want my money's worth out of it.

i had a look on the M&P website and was floored by all the different prams/buggies/strollers etc on there- how on earth do you know which one to buy?????????????????

Trio said:
i had a look on the M&P website and was floored by all the different prams/buggies/strollers etc on there- how on earth do you know which one to buy?????????????????

close your eyes go eeny meeie mini mo?

I was looking at prams & cribs the same day i got my bfp, i bought a pram when i was 6 weeks & a crib at 12 weeks :rotfl:

Trio said:

It is hideous isn't it! The thing is you need to work out what your lifestyle is, and then you can eliminate lots of choice, and then pick the best of what's left.

Things to think about are:

1. Do you live in town or country? If country you probably want something with good suspension. In town you want something easy to steer.

2. Do you ever use public transport? If yes, your primary issues will be weight, easy of collapsing and size of basket underneath. You will not want something where you need to take the seat off the chassis to collapse, and anything which weighs more than about 12kg will be far too heavy

3. How big is the boot of your car? Small cars need a pushchair which folds up small.

4. Do you want the option of baby facing you?

5. Do you want to be able to use your carseat with the pushchair chassis?

6. Will you want to use the pushchair for more than one child/convert it to a twin/attach a buggy board

When you know exactly what your needs are, then you can think what your budget is. Once you've established that, you are probably down to not very many to choose from, then you can start thinking colours and attractiveness.

Hth (from a mum of 2 who bought more pushchairs than she should have!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back