idiots guide please- let down?

GBLiz

Reaction score
can someone explain what 'let down' is, it sounds like you lot are getting huge gushes of milk? I dont think i am :think:

im on day 5 now and Anjali is feeding little and often....and sleeping the rest of the time so im confident she's happy but just want to check my milk supply seems normal

on day 3 my boobs literally started the day one size and by the end of the day were mahoooooosive and hard....so i guess my milk came in? When i squeeze some out its not yellow anymore its whiter and more watery looking. But it doesnt gush out???

today she's been feeding literally every hour or even more but sometimes only for 5 minutes even though i try to encourage her to keep going (other times she'll spend a good 15/20 mins). Im fine with doing that if thats what she wants but just wondered if it could be anything to do with my supply not being as forceful as other peoples sounds?

ahhh i see, thanks

yeah so far so good with the breastfeeding i think, considering how awful i was warned the first week would be! The first couple days she wasnt too interested , then she got the hang of it and i got sore nips lol, but now its not too bad :D

When I let down I get an achy/tingly feeling, it usually happens when she feeding on the other boob but can also happen when she cries or even just when i think about her lol. I didnt feel it until about 6-7 weeks :)

I found let down hurt quite a lot. I wasn't expecting it to - noone warned me! It was like pins & needles. It happens when the milk flow starts during each feed - I used to get it on both sides no matter which one he was feeding from. Tha pain happened just before I started leaking, and it didn't always happen when he was feeding - sometimes if we were late for a feed or even if he just cried or smiled at me my boobs would decide it was milk time!

It gets better, I stopped getting the pains by about 7 months.

I havent been doing this long either but its only been the last week or so that I have started to gush a bit, and find the other one leaks when feeding, and when Eva is messing about she gets sprayed in the face sometimes! :shock:
I dont really feel it much though, just notice the waterfall effect down my front!

Congratulations by the way, I didnt see you'd had your LO, hope its all going well
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back