Ideas for days out with toddlers especially West Mids???????

evemarie8

Reaction score
My friends and I are a bit stuck now the weather has gone cold, we are a getting sick of the same old soft play centres and the likes. What does everyone else do with their 1 year olds??? So far we have done Sealife Centre, Soft Play, Stay and Play, Hatton Country World, Baby Loves Disco, Birmingham Nature Centre and Toddler Time at our local libraries but we seem to always be on rotation with all of the same things, we desperately need a few new ideas!

Firstly, I'd just like to say, whao, you sound like a fab Mummy!

Maybe you could do some more wintery type activities like baking, painting, potato printing, playdough - I know these are all insidey ones though but as the weather gets colder, needs must!

Or have you any museums near you? Sometimes these are free. I know it sounds bonkers for a 1 year old, but ours has a huge fish pond and other things for little ones.

Valentine Xxx

I am needing ideas too! We have done all the parks, beach walks, garden centres etc.

We do some finger painting (think we will do that this afternoon!); we also do some baking, making and decorating pasta bracelets/necklaces etc

Awww, thanks Valentine! All the indoor stuff is great, although Clark is a little bit over excitable(sp??) so I haven't let him loose with paint that much yet! The only problem is our group of babies is quite big and trying to do something at anyones house is a bit much to ask so we are always looking for new places to visit. They are also all boys and very energetic ones at that so usually places with alot of room for them to roam safely is always good!

SarahH said:
I am needing ideas too! We have done all the parks, beach walks, garden centres etc.

We do some finger painting (think we will do that this afternoon!); we also do some baking, making and decorating pasta bracelets/necklaces etc

I wish we had a beach :pray: We have a man made one in Brum in the summer but it's just not the same!

Parks and stuff are good, swings and slides.. or just crunchy autumn leaves at the moment seem to be a hit.
Might be a bit far but Wonderland in Telford... http://www.wonderlandtelford.com/ it's more for bigger kids but there's plenty to look at for the babies too (huge nursery rhyme figures and stories etc, land of the dinosaurs) and there's a soft play area inside a little cafe too so you can munch and see baby from the table, or go in with them etc. And it's in Telford Town Park so on a nice day can run around the grass/play in sandpit and the indoor shopping centre for the mummys.
Also Zoo's.. cant think of the nearest to you but we've got Twycross by us (see my pics in pictures thread of Ryan+monkey and Ryan+elephants, he also enjoyed the flamingos and seals). Butterfly farm in Stratford. Think there's a tropical bird thing near Hinckley.
Or of course Drayton Manor+Zoo although not sure when end of season is.
Motorcycle museum near the airport... Thinktank at Milennium Point.

Pop into tourist info and see what's around - most things can be made baby worthy as long as there's bright and colourful things to see, or interesting sounds!

Hope you are all ok xx

Lily wants to join the sauage fest :shakehead:

We could put all the kids on my boat and set it off HAHA! GO fetch them an hour later only will of gone 4 miles :lol:

LilysMummy said:
Lily wants to join the sauage fest :shakehead:

We could put all the kids on my boat and set it off HAHA! GO fetch them an hour later only will of gone 4 miles :lol:

lily is more than welcome to come join the (cocktail) sausage fest!! I will give you the details of the next testosterone filled play day which I think is going to be next Wednesday, only problem is I either already have a car full or we will have to go somewhere we can get to on the train, I have just got the Bromsgrove timetable up to see what we can get to, but I am loving Leckershells idea of the Thinktank because I have never been there!
I think Telford might be pushing it for a no car day but would like to try it on a nother occasion and I am going to ask Brad if I can borrow a 7-8 seater for the Safari Park one of the days! Not sure he has any in yet though :roll:

LilysMummy said:

PS - No to the boat idea!!!!!! I want to go on it too!

Thinktank...Birmingham centre? Thats train-able for me :lol:

Cant believe they are all boys lol.

Have to have a look what Halloween events they have going on...

I know, Hatton Country World has Pumpkin Week but we would struggle on the car front!

I live at hatton :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: I have annual passes.

I want to go to that wonderland it looks cool!!

I go to so many different parks, we go to about 6 different ones regularly.
We go to soft play, toddler groups, do painting, play doh and baking etc.

Do you go swimming? I've not been brave enough since having Riley, but I used to go all the time.

Clark and I swim but not with the others because we already go with my Mum, I had never considered mass baby swim but it might be fun during the winter months if we are all brave enough to bear our milk bottle legs in swimming costumes!

I live in Telford so can highly recommend wonderland, its ace!! Its not open right through winter though, only selected days :( The same goes for some of the zoos and outdoor activities, unfortunately they are seasonal. At the moment we are doing things indoors like cutting out pumpkins, painting pine cones, making christmas cards and decorations etc. Winter walks are good for collecting leaves, conkers and pine cones. Otherwise as it gets closer to christmas you could go to the displays around the area such as Walsall Illuminations, or our local kids farm does a christmas world animated scene you can walk through, its really great for the little ones with all the lights and moving animals. Otherwise how about the bowling alley, swimming or the cinema? All of our local ones do dedicated toddler sessions in the mornings before opening for general admissions :D Baking is always good too, rice crispie cakes go down a treat with every child!! :lol:

Ooh also the Severn Valley Railway? They do special Thomas the Tank days sometimes for the kids, always really popular. We have a small steam railway in telford which does a trip on Thomas the Tank, taking the kids to see Santa at the other end, my son loves it so we go every year :D

lisa282 said:
Ooh also the Severn Valley Railway? They do special Thomas the Tank days sometimes for the kids, always really popular. We have a small steam railway in telford which does a trip on Thomas the Tank, taking the kids to see Santa at the other end, my son loves it so we go every year :D

do you have any details for that? :)

Urchin said:
lisa282 said:

do you have any details for that? :)

Here you go hun http://www.telfordsteamrailway.co.uk/th ... hp#tomxmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back