IB or AF?

skairdykat

Reaction score
I went to the loo a couple of hours ago and when I wiped it was light brown. Been a couple of times since and theres nothing now. I'm about 8/9DPO so am around the right time for implantation but can't help but think it's over again for me this month. Still feeling slightly 'hungover' and not quite 'with it' IYKWIM. I'm not due on till the 22nd, but I never had IB with my other pregnancies so why should I this time? Just waiting for AF to show now I guess :cry:

Either that or MissG and I are secret twins cause she has been having the same :) . I'm not copying you intentionally hun :)

Just found this on the internet.

How can I tell the difference between an early period and implantation bleeding?

I would suspect implantation bleeding if it occurs a bit earlier than expected, if it were scanty, spotty, pinkish and not red and heavy like a period, and does not follow the normal pattern of a period (light to heavy to light).

The BBT should remain elevated and not decline to preovulatory levels.

There is often the feeling that it is a period with light cramps and bloating, but the bleeding is shorter, lighter and just not normal.

If a woman is usually regular, and now all of a sudden develops this type of early spotting, and of course is "at risk" for a pregnancy, I would strongly suspect conception.

Also found this

Women who experience implantation bleeding usually do not need to worry about their unborn child. Because some light cramping and PMS-like symptoms may occur along with the bleeding, women who are not trying to conceive can mistake this kind of bleeding for a short period. It is estimated that between one-quarter and one-third of pregnant women experience this type of bleeding.

If you are trying to get pregnant and experience some bleeding, it is helpful to recognize the signs of implantation bleeding. Signs include:

Discharge is light pink or brown
Light cramping
Bloating
No “flow”
Even if you are not trying to get pregnant, it is possible your birth control may have failed. If you experience this type of bleeding, take a pregnancy test when you should have your regular period. Taking a pregnancy test only a week after ovulation or at implantation may produce false results. For the most accurate results, wait until you are due to have your period.

In instances where the implantation is mistaken for a period, the baby (http://baby.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Newborn_Baby) is usually born three to four weeks later than originally estimated. If you find out that you are pregnant and remember experiencing bleeding like this, mention it to your doctor. Then he/she can take proper steps to correctly estimate your baby’s gestational age.

thats wot i had and it certainly sounds like you did omg im gettin so excited :)

im trying not to get excited but thats me!!!!! LOL i want to test!!! :cheer:

Skairdy it is looking soooooooooooooooo good for you babes!!!!

im hoping its the same for me too, just worried about those 'cramps' i had this morning?? :think:

I'm the same hun. Been getting cramps on and off sicnce last week. They make me feel like I'm going to come on, but I don't want to feel like that I want to feel PG. If that makes sense. When I was PG with my boys I felt like I was going to come on though so I know it's possible.

Good luck girlie. Are you going to test before you Birthday now?

skairdykat said:
I'm the same hun. Been getting cramps on and off sicnce last week. They make me feel like I'm going to come on, but I don't want to feel like that I want to feel PG. If that makes sense. When I was PG with my boys I felt like I was going to come on though so I know it's possible.

Good luck girlie. Are you going to test before you Birthday now?
ohh my babes im getting excited and know i shouldnt be!!! :lol: yeah im going to test next friday because if i am i dont want to be going out and getting pissed if i am pg do you know what i mean?? shall we test friday then yeah?? :D

Yeah hun lets defo do it Friday then :pray: :pray:

I'm going to be gutted now if it's AF :cry:

skairdykat said:
Yeah hun lets defo do it Friday then :pray: :pray:

I'm going to be gutted now if it's AF :cry:

you and me both hunny but im 99% certain you are preggers hunny - :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads