• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I was just wondering how long your first scan lasts?

stephaniespora

Reaction score
Im asking as my bladder is being somewhat difficult lately and i know you need to go there with it full. I was just wondering how long it will last in there on average. Mines a week Tuesday, im so excited but really nervous as i don't know how long my bladder will last in there haha.

My scan was very quick, was a private one but lasted around 5 - 10 minutes. They were running late though and thats what caused a problem for me. Had full bladder when I arrived but they were running 20mins late and I could have cried, I needed to pee so bad! I would say turn up early to the appointment and down some water while you wait that way you should have a fullish bladder but no discomfort of a long wait! x

mine took abotu 20 minutes but i didnt start drinkinguntil i was near the hospital x

My 12 week scan took roughly 10 minutes, as for water... i made the mistake of starting at home and by the time i got to the hospital i was in agony! I pee'd as soon as i got there lol! Then we hit the vending machine for a bottle of water and i downed that while waiting. There was no problem during the scan so i think they just like us to squirm in pain for a while just for the fun of it!!

My early scan probably lasted a good 20-25 minutes, but I had an internal and external scan at the same sitting, mainly because they were trying to measure a cyst on my ovary.

Drink when you get to the hospital, but be aware it will still be filling your bladder for a while after (which was why they managed to do both scans on me)

Mine took about 10 minutes but again I started to drink on the way to the hospital - when they say 'full bladder' they dont mean bursting! I made that mistake the first time round LOL :lol::lol:

I had a scan at 10w and my proper scan at 13w, neither time did I have a full bladder (I was so worried I'd pee myself) and they found bub easily at both scans.

I did take a bottle of water with my in-case they needed me to fill my bladder though - they didn't need me to do that though!

My dating scan lasted about 25 minutes, sonographer did say that was quite quick though - she said bub was very well behaved LOL

Best of luck on Tuesday

xxxxxxxxxx

I had a scan at 10w and my proper scan at 13w, neither time did I have a full bladder (I was so worried I'd pee myself) and they found bub easily at both scans.

I did take a bottle of water with my in-case they needed me to fill my bladder though - they didn't need me to do that though!

My dating scan lasted about 25 minutes, sonographer did say that was quite quick though - she said bub was very well behaved LOL

Best of luck on Tuesday

xxxxxxxxxx

25 mins? Thats quite long isn't it? Everyone else's scans seem to be so much shorter. I wouldn't complain though as i would love that amount of time seeing our little baby. I think im just going to drink when i get to the hospital and i'll ask if they are running on time before i start to down haha.

Thanks everyone for the help :) x

My scan lasted 5-10 minutes I think, but I started drinking in the car on the way to the hospital (about a 10/15 minute drive) then about 5 minutes before my appointment time I just downed the rest of my bottle of water. I was uncomfortable while I was waiting, but during the scan I forgot all about my bladder until I stood up at the end and promptly dashed to the loo!
Good luck for your scan :D
xx

My scan lasted 5-10 minutes I think, but I started drinking in the car on the way to the hospital (about a 10/15 minute drive) then about 5 minutes before my appointment time I just downed the rest of my bottle of water. I was uncomfortable while I was waiting, but during the scan I forgot all about my bladder until I stood up at the end and promptly dashed to the loo!
Good luck for your scan :D
xx

Only 5/10 mins? I will feel gutted if i only get that long. Does it depend on hospitals etc?

Also ladies does anyone know how much ultrasound pictures cost at Peterborough hospital?

Common myth!!! You don't need a full bladder at all if it's your 12 week scan. Years ago yes but not with the ultrasounds now. I asked my sonographer on weds and she said no you don't so I emptied my bladder an she showed me. She was right. It made no difference.

My emergancy scan only lasted a few minuites. They were checking for ectopic and appendix - shwoed they were fine - did quick check of baby and saw HB then printed off a pic for me :)

I think the 12 week ones last a bit longer due to measurements etc.

I was wondering why they didn't mention drinking loads on my letter will just take some with me I think

My letter with Ella in oct 2010 said I needed a full bladder but this time round it specifically says there is no need to have a full bladder x

you don't need a full bladder. my letter specifically said that.

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Ultrasound machines have changed so you really don't need one.

I think it depends on what hospital you go to, the scan letter I had specifically told me to have a full bladder and when I got to the hospital the sonographer asked me how much I'd drunk and asked me to drink more (until changing her mind on what type of scan she would do and making me go and empty my bladder).

Turned out I actually had a cyst the size of a full bladder knocking my bladder out-of-place, so it didn't matter either way!! :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back