I tried the whole lot

Ems

Reaction score
Sex, curry, ball bouncing (currently)...just about everything and nothing is working even tried primrose oil. I really don't want to be induced because I have heard it's more painful for labour. I've cleaned the house about 4 times this week, got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor, hoovered with the long sucker thing instead of the base bit just to get my pelvis rocking and the little man does not want to make an appearance. :0( xxx

pinky princess pmsl diy vontose!!!!

have u tried the nipple stimulation hun? it does make u have strong braxton hicks and if your cervix is ready it can kick off full blown contractions xxx

ok call me daft but nipple stimulation? as in rubbing them or squeezing like to produce milk??? or can oh do the trick, may lead to sex if your luckier than me lol xx

its like tryin to mimic a babys suckin reflex,gently rolling your nipple between your finger and thumb and slightly pullin the nipple forward as u do it,trust me it works....youve to do it something like 5 mins each side but has to be carried on for ages to get it goin.and only one nipple at a time.it releases that hormone that starts contractions,like i said it starts off like braxton hicks and gets stronger and if your body is ready it works for alot of woman,i do it when im bored watchin tele lol,but theyve been stoppin when i stop but im gona keep tryin!! xxx

Try not to stress hun, I was so desperate to get things going for me last Wednesday night after my contractions had stopped and I tried everything I could think of to kick them off again. I just gave up and went to bed with the goal of relaxing and not forcing things, I got a decent sleep and woke feeling somewhat relaxed. As soon as I got up it all happened so fast.

Don't get too worked up over it as it may just stress you out. Hope it kicks off for you soon though.

I agree with ange34, nipple stimulation works, ive been taking evening primrose capsules for nearly a week. my cervix was closed last friday and now I am 2cm. so I would recommend them for softening the cervix.

ive started the evening primrose oil capsuales aswell,thats one that id never even heard of b4 but it sounds like its workin for u hun xxx

I agree with ange34, nipple stimulation works, ive been taking evening primrose capsules for nearly a week. my cervix was closed last friday and now I am 2cm. so I would recommend them for softening the cervix.

I'm glad they're working for you hun. At least things have progressed somewhat, I inserted four of those capsules last week and cervix is still closed, but if my own MW had trouble reaching it, its no surprise I havent been able to :( Like you I've tried everything but nothing is kicking off so I'm just gonna chill. No point in getting stressed or tense - I've heard that this can actually stop labour but if you're just totally relaxed it'll probably happen on its own. xx

Like you I've tried everything but nothing is kicking off so I'm just gonna chill. No point in getting stressed or tense - I've heard that this can actually stop labour but if you're just totally relaxed it'll probably happen on its own. xx

I think that's what did it for me. Was stressing about getting it going and got no where. I went to bed relaxed and not thinking about it and got up the next morning and it all happened.

Thanks girls. I woke up at 5.30 this morning feeling herrendously sick and so I'm guessing that could be a good thing. I will try the nipple thing and see what happens. For now I'm just chilling. I had the worst (tmi sorry) constipation earlier and I obviously had some struggle and I think I have now 2 lumps popped out (urgghhh) but by luck I put a tube of anusol in my hospital bag do just put some on. Will piles turn my bum inside out during labour??? Worst nightmare ever! :0( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back