I think they lied!

Emily0505

Reaction score
Ok, so we've all been told:

You can still fall pregnant if you have sex using contraception, you can still fall pregnant if you have sex on your period, withdrawl is not effective prevention of pregnancy, you can still get pregnant if he /you touch his 'area' and the he/you touch your 'area', the only way to 100% prevent pregnancy is not to have sex... and so and so forth! (feel free to add if there's any more 'pearls of pregnancy preventing wisdom' you've been told!)

In fact they way sex ed goes on, you'd think you'd get pregnant just by looking at a willy! :shock:

You know what... I think they lied!!! :fib:

If it is so easy to fall pregnant, then why oh why do I not have my bfp?

I've spent years trying to keep the little swimmers out and now I'm doing all I can to keep em in! And lo and behold...bfn, bfn, bfn, bfn!!!!

Ok, so on a serious note, I know all the things said are true and I din't expect to fall pregnant at the drop of a...hat... and to be fair I haven't been trying for that long, just hoped it would happen a bit quicker!

xx

What made me laugh is when i missed taking the pill one night we would panic but it took a year of no contraception to catch on!

OMG, I was totally the same! And...with my first boyfriend, the condom split- he felt it split and stopped right away and was off and out in like a milli-second but I was convinced I was going to be pregnant! Did a test and everything! Now I realise how silly I was!

xx

I know I think this is sod and his law!! I fell pregnant 3 years ago while on the pill, unfortunately that pregnancy ended in mc but it did put me on edge that I could fall while on the pill. I have now been off the pill for 7 months and like you nothing! Me and my doc even had a good laugh over the irony of it, maybe I should just go back on the pill ...... ;)

My theory is pregnancy was the farthest thing from my mind 3 years ago, whereas now I want it to happen. So for the last month I have extremely calm and not thinking about it, I already feel great this month so fx! Good luck hun xxx

This made me laugh so much, its totally true you worry so much thinking my god what if i get pregnant what would i do wen you dont want to b pregnant and now im worrying why cant i get pregnant!!

Michelle. x

Ooooh Michelle, I see you too are from 'sunny Devon'- whereabouts if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a Devon lass too!

XX

you'd think you'd get pregnant just by looking at a willy! :shock:

:rofl: This really made me laugh - Thank you!!

I've only been trying for a month but already I realise how hard it can be to get pregnant. I don't understand how you can fall pregnant by missing one pill and then when you take them out of the equation you can be waiting for months, even years :shock:

On a positive note I have become so much more aware of fertility problems and that I shouldn't take mine for granted. I've already cut down on booze, I eat healthy and exercise already. Time will tell eh? Good luck hon xxx

i mssed two pills once in my pill pack (not even the middle important ones) and begged the nurse to give me the morning after pill just in case. what a prick i was - not taking into account i had been on the pill for years and wouldnt have ovulated for just as long, dduuuuuhhhhhh

:rotfl: This thread is so true! If I was on antibiotics I wouldn't let dh near me for a week just in case! So naive!

Lol i love this thread it is so true! the amount of times iv panicked that pill hasnt worked while on antibiotics etc or worried condom split and done a pregnancy test etc, if id had the gift of foresight that hey it can take a while id have been alot more chilled lol

I think part of it for me was that I have always had safe sex and never (apart from when the condom split that one time which now I see doesn't really count!) felt like I may get pregnant because always used contraception. So, having unprotected sex was a major deal at first and I used to get so wound up over it, symptom spotting and worrying and hoping! Now, I'm just like... oh well, lets whack a pillow under my arse and wait and see what this month brings!

xx

I love it and you are right they were there just to scare and make us girls live in fear

I remember being so fearful and believed that it could happen anytime - i have to admit i still did until i started TTC and looked it up. My goodness what would i have done without the internet??!!

xx

Scare tactics is what it is!!!!!!!

I have realised that since ttc that I have never been so aware, nor so clueless about the workings of my body!

Thanks for all your replies ladies, glad you have had a lil chuckle at this thread. TTC can be a hard business sometimes, so good to have a laugh about things I reckon!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back