I think I am in love...

Happybunny

Reaction score
with my consultant and his junior doctor.

I think the last time I went for a growth scan I posted about how great they were. Today I went for another one and they were just soooo lovely. I feel listened too and very well cared for. I am so impressed with Sunderland Hospital!
The scan went well, baby is growing well. It is already 6lb 2oz :shock: So I think I must be on for a 9lb if I got to term :shock: :shock: (I don't mind, but I may punch MIL if she makes another comment about my 'fat' baby!!)
I still have excess amniotic fluid. I asked a million questions about it because I was scared about what I had read on the net. They were brilliant and really reassured me that everything was ok. They have booked me in for another scan at 38 weeks to reassure me.

The junior doctor was young and good looking, I was terribly embarrassed talking to him about my constipation and possible thrush. But again, he was very nice and didn't make me feel stupid at all. I told him about my unrelenting heartburn too and he has given me tablets!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I told him that I loved him at this point! Honestly, the relief is fantastic, the tablets have worked really well.

Lastly, because of my increased BMI, I have to maintain my weight during this pregnancy. This means that in essence I am losing weight, but you can't tell because the baby's growth cancels it out. When the baby is born I should be lighter than when I started this pregnancy. Well, basically I have managed to loose weight (through sensible eating, not skipping meals etc) and the consultant was fab about it and made a big fuss. I felt like a kid getting praised by the teacher :D

All in all, another fab day, I am very happy :cheer:

glad it all went well hunny :D :D
sound like they reasured you well
they didnt happen to be dishy did they :wink: :lol:
im biased i know but arnt people up north soooooooooooo friendly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 8) 8)

i sure your baby is not fat its the perfect size it should be and is happy and healthy size so ignore you MIL, she being silly

:hug: :hug: lol sarah :wave:

sounds lie a successfull appointment and lucky you having nice consulatants!!! :D

I can't believe you will be lighter when you have your baby...that is sooo cool. I bet you don't get many people who can do that. :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back