I think babies are cute but..............

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
Don't kill me for this!

I think all babies are cute but brand new, new born, ewk (after a few hours they seem to be cute lol)! They just have that look like 'why the feck did you make me come out!!!' I just can't imagine me ever thinking about my baby when he comes;

Awwww, I think you are adorable

When the nurse gives him to me, I can imagine me saying;

Ewww, he is he mine?

:rotfl:

Have I just cracked up?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

To be honest, it won't matter if he looks like the alien from hell, you will be so grateful that he's finally out of your body that you will instanly be under his spell, and think he's the most amazing thing you've ever laid
eyes on....... :lol:

Looking back at photos Austin was squashed, swollen and red, but I still thought he was the most incredible thing I had ever seen in my whole life.

the first thing i thought when i was handed alice was "so that wasn't a poo". I just felt like i was having a huge poo (in fact i kept telling them i just needed to poop). then looked at her face and fell head over heals for her!!!

Its just I am having weird dreams all the time, like dreaming the nurse gives me my baby and he has a head like an animal or she gives me the wrong baby and tries to convince me he is mine.

It just adds to my confusion lol

First think I thought was "Oh Cr*p what have I done???!!! :shock: "...Then I had to go to theater...Sounds awful..but I don't do icky..and babies are icky when they come out... Tia was in distress and not breathing when she was born so they whipped her away and cleaned her up before giving her to me.. So thankfully I didn't have to deal with all that blood and gore :puke:

Jake was put on my tummy straight after the birth. my first thought was 'HOW BIG!!!!' :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I was told he was a boy i thought 'oh, i thought i was having a girl'

I didnt think he was icky tho. I will never forget what he smelled like for the first few days tho. Not bloddy or anything. Its hard to explain but it takes you right back to your 'animal' emotions if you know what i mean...? Or am I talking utter crap LOL

every1 told me u feel this great immense feeling of love as soon as ur baby is handed 2 u
i didnt really tbh
i just thought

wtf
erm this is random??
I made that?
coor blimey

HAHA
every day i love her more and more
and i'll do anything for my little princess now :D

Becksss said:
every1 told me u feel this great immense feeling of love as soon as ur baby is handed 2 u
i didnt really tbh
i just thought

wtf
erm this is random??
I made that?
coor blimey

HAHA
every day i love her more and more
and i'll do anything for my little princess now :D

Yup I felt like that too... totally random... !!! I wouldn't be without my dd now and love her more and more each day.

Josephine_Beth said:
Don't kill me for this!

I think all babies are cute but brand new, new born, ewk (after a few hours they seem to be cute lol)! They just have that look like 'why the feck did you make me come out!!!' I just can't imagine me ever thinking about my baby when he comes;

Awwww, I think you are adorable

When the nurse gives him to me, I can imagine me saying;

Ewww, he is he mine?

:rotfl:

Have I just cracked up?

I don't know if anyone else read Practical Parenting this month? There's a list of things for the dad not to say when the baby's handed over, one of which being "Eeeewww yuck!"

Josh looked so battered and purple I just thought "all this for that?" :shock: he didn't seem anything to do with the big tummy I'd had for months either. It was only an hour later when I got to visit him in SCBU that I suddenly looked at him and thought "wow I made that and its beautiful" :oops:

I agree with tangerine dream I couldn't get over the smell of my daughter. Itmust be linked to something that makes animals want to lick their baby's etc to get them going (you know like cows so) Obviously we don't need to do that, but the smell of her made my heart skip a beat. I didn't care that her hair was all matted with blood and white bits, she was my baby and I was so proud of both of us. I can't wait to do that again. It's just a shame the smell is soon replaced by that traditional newborn smell thanks to the baby washes and clothes :( I love the smell of babies but nothing compares to that just born smell.

In fact I might keep this LO completely naked for a few years :rotfl:

Ruby was wrapped in a towel covering her head, so just her little face was popping out..I said "Oh my God, she looks like ET :shock: !!" The midwife said "Oh, dont worry, her head will soon go down" and I was like "Whats wrong with her head!!???". One side of her head was badly swollen, as I had a failed induction, her head was bashing against my cervix and she wasnt getting anywhere so it was really misshapen!!

we still call her Spuddy now coz OH said she had a head like a spud :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH always said new borns were like aliens, but I must say when she was born he thought she was the most beautiful thing he had even seen :lol:

i didnt really notice the blood etc when reanna was born. they put her straight onto my tummy and she was quite blue but she had these amazingly beautiful big eyes that just kept staring at me and i was totally amazed by her. i remember i couldnt sleep at all that nite at the hospital becus i just kept getting up to look at her and pick her up for a hug. im quite surprised really becus im quite squeamish and always thought i wouldnt want to touch the baby covered in blood etc but when it came to it i never even noticed, i just wanted to hold her.

i was the opposite to what ppl told me they, they sed dont feel scared if you dont feel a huge wave of love come over straight away it doesnt happen like that but for me the moment i looked into her eyes i loved her more than anything or anyone and it only gets stronger with time.

xxxxx

Rubys mummy said:
and I was like "Whats wrong with her head!!???".

:lol: :lol: That was the first thing I said when I saw Dan!!
He'd had forceps and he's head was all coned!

I look at Mel's baby pics now and I think oh my goodness, I thought he was the most beautiful baby in the world! Now of course he is the most beautiful toddler in the world but there was a phase where his hair fell out and he was really fat and he had a band of hair and he looked like Friar Tuck! :rotfl: :rotfl:

When he was put on my tummy my first thought was "wow he's huge!" then just a lot of general confusion as to what had just happened. When my OH came in (my mum was with me not my OH) I remember really clearly looking over at him holding Mel and crying with joy and I just thought that it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I still felt pretty detached though like it was happening at a distance. Later on I worried about whether I'd bonded, I was so bonded that I didn't sleep for three days in case he needed me watching him to breathe! But I guess I just loved him already, that's kind of how I felt rather than there being a rush of love at the birth like I think there was for my OH.

You'll think it's the most beautiful babe ever- trust me! And you're right whoever said about the smell- both my OH and I kept sniffing Mel! :rotfl:

+++

hehe I was the same Rosebay, thought Seren was so beautiful. Now I look back and think, how wierd was her head lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back