• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I REALLY need help

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i really need help girls Braydon is becoming a night mare and i really dont know how to deal with it, he always used to push me but we got there in the end but now he beats me everytime im so tired i just dont know how to cope with him,
he goes to bed at 7.30 and i have to put him back to bed about 12 times before he even thinks of going to bed, i put him back with out talking to him etc but he just giggles.
he still wakes at nite whoever said he will deffo be sleeping thro at 2 was LYING big time
he wont sit up the table wen eating i keep putting him back on his chair again and again and he keeps getting down everytime.
if i tell him off he hits kicks and shouts at me and nothing i do works, i am really worried now as i really need to sort this out as i cant deal with it he is getting so tired so naughty and not happy, and we both losing the brilliant bond that we had and i hate it i just need my braydon back :cry:

aww im sorry im of no use 2 u but wanna give u these
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sweetie hold on in there dont give in they dnt call it terrible 2's for nothing keep with your routine dont stop he will grow out of this stage as long as you keep up, dont let him see it affects you (i know thats hard) and keep calm and your voice relaxed. Have you tried a reward chart they are very good at this age you could try a sticker for each thing and when he fills it up give a treat and if he is naughty take one off i hope this helps but just keep your chin up and remeber all children have stages and all mums feel like you are now at one time or another just let him know who is in charge! You'll get your boy back, and have these :hug: :hug:

Hi

aww hun poor you :hug: it must be an age thing hun and theres got to be an end to it keep up your good work your an awesome mommy and should be proud of yourself . :hug: :hug:
Katrina

Yup, the terrible twos. :hug: :hug: :hug:

You could try a simple reward chart for going to bed, the only problem is he has to actually do what you say before he sees a reward, and that could take ages!

What kind of 'punishments' do you use? A naughty door/step/room? withdrawing toys etc? I found at this age that the best way was to use the naughty room and taking away favourite toys etc, then providing a reward each time they did as they were told (ie. go to bed and STAY there)

You're doing everything right with the nighttime routine. It's SO tedious I know but you just have to keep putting him back to bed until he gets the message.

With mealtimes I would get tough. Give him three chances, tell him if he gets down again his dinner goes in the bin and he has to wait until the next mealtime for food. If he disobeys put his dinner in the bin whilst he watches. Do it calmy withough shouting. I know it might sound harsh but it really works. You are taking control and he'll soon realise he can't push too hard. When he sits at the table for a meal, make a huge fuss of him and give him a small treat. If he disobeys again, take the food away.....and so on.....

It's really tough, because he'll be asking for food, but make him wait and tell him the same will happen again if he doesn't sit at the table for his next meal.

It's a tough stage, but the boundaries you set at the this stage are really important. Stick to your guns and believe in yourself. You're a great mum and your little boy is no worse that every other two year old. Remember it's just a phase, he's still your lovely little boy under there.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back