• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i really dont know what to do!!!!

kirlou

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope your all enjoying you weekend? :wave:

I have a dilema and wanted some opinions really.

I hate hate hate my job! :mad:The problem is i want to go into nannying (currently a nursery nurse and just wanted to point out its actually my boss i hate! :witch:) but already having a son its hard to find jobs i can take him along and then im worried about getting pregnant either before i start or straight away and not having maternity leave/pay ect. I really dont know how long i can carry on with my :witch: of a boss though and i dont want to go to another nursery as ive been in quite a few and really dont enjoy all the b*tchyness that goes with a mostly younger female environment like that. :shakehead:

The thing is once i have my 2nd baby i know its going to be so much harder to find a nanny job so im thinking i want to find a lovely family that will be happy to have me back after having another 1 (highly unlikely i know!). :roll:

I just really dont know what to do!!!!! the only thing that i know deffo is that after ive had number 2 whenever that turns out to be im going to retrain as a midwife and get away from childcare. :)

Thanks for listening to me drone on. :)

Hey :wave:

I haven't got any advice but didn't wanna read & run, hope you get the advice you need & sorry about your horrid boss :hugs:

xxx

sorry to hear !! this is exactly how i feel.. except i work in retail.. my boss is cuttin my hours because im on more money and giving it to the younger staff!! shes really starting to annoy me!! theres a shop opening just down the road from me and im thinkin of applyin for it.. but by the time that opens im hoping to be pregnant.. i mentioned to my friend in work that i wouldnt have maternity pay if i was only just starting out in my new job.. and she said it doesnt matter how long youv been with your employer. your entilted to mat pay no matter what?? dont know if this is true mind!! xxx

you have to have been working for 26 weeks at your 26 week mark to be entitled to full maternity entitlement so basically if u start and ur already pregnant you only get the maternity grant i think thats about £500. you might get other things but i think thats it and really 500 quid wouldnt even give me a fortnight off! thats what worrys me that ill find out in prenant like that day afetr i start my new job and then wont get any help!

I havnt got any advice hunny but i just wanted to wish you luck for what ever you decide :clover: x x

Hiya

I can empathise with your situation!

My OH & I were TTC this month altho I was applying for a job (been wanting to move for a while). Don't know if it worked yet but then I got the job. In my eyes a baby is the most important thing (I don't have any children) so wanted to go for it regardless of where I am working.

However now I am moving, we are putting TTC on hold for a month or two (until I will qualify for maternity leave) assuming I am not already pregnant.

For your situation I would say try looking around for other jobs now & applying for them, being stuck in a bad job isn't good for you or your family, and you never know how long TTC will take.

xx

yep your right, just read about it!! what a pain.. xx

now you see my problem lol.

I have already changed my job once when i very first started ttc but decided to try after i had the job and there were only like days in it so that wasnt a problem but this time around i might not be so lucky!!

Hiya

I can empathise with your situation!

My OH & I were TTC this month altho I was applying for a job (been wanting to move for a while). Don't know if it worked yet but then I got the job. In my eyes a baby is the most important thing (I don't have any children) so wanted to go for it regardless of where I am working.

However now I am moving, we are putting TTC on hold for a month or two (until I will qualify for maternity leave) assuming I am not already pregnant.

For your situation I would say try looking around for other jobs now & applying for them, being stuck in a bad job isn't good for you or your family, and you never know how long TTC will take.

xx

Its not good! I said to my OH the other day i feel like i take it all out on my son everytime he does a normal 3 yr old thingi find myself telling him off and then i hate myself for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back