I must be mad!

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Work havent yet sorted out my mat cover and im meant to be finishing on 11th, was speaking to my manager and if they are stuck I have offered to stay on a little longer. I need a good slap!
If my unofficial date is right i could be working up to my due date, if i dont go before!
Any bets on giving birth at my desk! x x

They should've sorted your cover and not be making you work! I'd say go!

Managers already said he'd sort me out a birthing pool in a meeting room lol! x x

People will always flog a willing horse! Get out now whilst you still can! xxx

I suppose on the plus side it will push my mat leave along and ill have more time off with little missy once she is here x x

my line manager has been really difficult about my cover, one of my coleagues will be doing my job as she knows parts of it, so we need cover for hers which is at a busy student reception, everytime i asked about getting someone down to cover reception so i can train up my coleague hes put barriers up, luckily ive changed my date to october 21st or wed be screwed as my original date was this friday!!

ive also made a handover folder for her with all the bits i think she should know and how to do the reports and data that will ramdomly be asked for and wanted there and then, bit of peace of mind for me but bosses are crap at this sort of stuff.

just to add to my post.

Why is it we feel bad about taking our maternity leave, if they cant do their job properly when youve given them plenty of notice its gonna be their fault when things go wrong.

I feel exactly the same suzzi, i feel sorry for my manager as its not his fault, hes been trying and trying, feel bad leaving him with no cover ( even though its the fault of neither of us) x x

yeah i feel like that for my coleagues as weve been trying to sort this out since May!!! we know what we want and what needs to be done but hes a dickh**d and wants to do it his way, the hard way, hes upset both my coleagues and one has put a complaint in about him. im glad im off soon x

We'll have a race hun. I'm staying right up until the last possible minute. I'm getting all the jokes now about my waters breaking and me giving birth in the office. Luckily the guy I sit opposite is a trained first aider. Although, I would be absolutely mortified if anyone at work had to see my muff!! LOL. I've told them all not to try being a hero, I've got ambulance insurance!! LOL.

Lol DW, the race is on ;)
Id dont think i could go back to work if anyone seen my lady bits! x x

My work brought in a temp as I was off on sick leave earlier in my pregnancy, she was offered my maternity cover which she accepted, I wasn't overly happy with how she was doing things, I did a manual and handover notes for my job for everything she would have to do but she wouldn't use it! I voiced my concerns and was told she was being monitored as they had noticed too. Day after I left, she quit, grrr, annoying for company! They didn't tell me at the time as didn't want to worry me!

They have a lovely girl in now who was really pleased to have my handover notes as I wasn't there to train her.

the company isn't going to fold without you there, take your maternity when you want to take it, don't be made to feel bad or to work more.

WHAT HAVE I DONE???? I felt fine yesterday when I said it but today I feel like complete shit, im struggling to walk, the pressure is emence, i keep going hot and cold and feel very sickly on and off :( x x

Go home then hun if you don't feel well xxx

oh bless ya hon hope you feel better, your health comes first at the end of the day so if you need to finish early they'll just have to manage x x x

Hope you're feeling better M2A! Work will have to carry on without u, ur health is more important!xx

***update***
They have finally sorted my mat leave out, woohoo :)
But on the otherhand i cant help but feel like a mug, a women thats due 2/3 weeks after me finishes today, and im sat here for another 4 days with a possibility of being in at the weekend feeling so sorry for myself today, i feel so ruff and really want me bed :( my spd is playing up and mixed with the increasing pressure im really struggling and all im being told is well it is your second - wtf, sorry for ranting ladies but i dont think whether its your 1st or 10th it really matters gggrrrrrr! x x

That's crap hun! U should take urself home if ur uncomfortable and tired......u already have adam to look after, not far off giving birth and then will have LO to look after 24/7......u need to rest now, when u can!....I am so glad they have sorted some cover for u now and u can finish soon, but if u can't manage the last few days, u can't, fact! It's u and LO that are more important than work......just because it's your second doesn't mean pregnancy is any easier!! Did u work this far on with adam? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back