I made it!!

Amanda

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm in the second trimester!!!!

Some days it seems like I have been pregnant forever, and other times, it is whizzing by. A whole third of the way through though!!!!! Yippee!

congratulations Tankett!

only a few more weeks to go!

Congrats Tantkett!!Its so exciting isnt it to move on a stage. Normally the 13 week mark brings a little relief too as its meant to be a fairly safe marker to cross in terms of m/c's.

I just got to the last pic on my ticker and was just as excited!!!

congrats tankett... have you been given a date for your 2nd scan yet.

x

Yes I have Hayley. They gave me it while I was at the hospital for my first scan. It is on the 20th April, so I will be 20 weeks to the day then.

I've also got one at 28 weeks and another at 36 weeks because I've volunteered for a caffeine study!!! Loads of pictures!!!!

Have you got your date yet?

Glad you are joining us Tankett... yeah it can drag some weeks and whizz past others.. lets hope the next 7 really do rocket.. that 20 week scan is the next milestone.. and aparently the most amazing for pictures and seeing our little beans / bods in action!!

I too am hoping for extra scans at 24 / 28 weeks for a research thing I am on -I think it is a high risk pregnancy thing where they take my blood every 2 weeks as well from 20 weeks on and the scans are to look at the placenta in detail.. as long as I get to see Bod more often I don't care what they do to me!!

x

Hi Tankett,

Congratulations on making it to the 2nd tri. Can I ask what caffine research you are on?

I drink lots of coffee and I have tried to cut it down to 5-6 cups a day :?

Sarah

They are trying to find out the effects that caffeine intake has on unborn babies. I have to complete 4 eating and drinking diaries at different stages in my pregnancy, I think the 3rd one starts today so I'd better check that!!! They will also take a couple of extra vialls of blood at my next midwife appointment, and send them to the unit. The strangest thing was a coke test. :? I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything containing caffeine for a few hours before, so I did it overnight. Then in the morning I had to roll a cotton wool thing round in my mouth for a minute to get it soaked. That went in a tube. Then I had to drink a bottle of coke, and do another saliva test an hour later, then another one 5 hours after that. And no caffeine drinks or chocolate in between. That was difficult!!! :shock: Then all 3 spit tubes got sent to the unit at the hospital.

There's not much for me to do, and it gives me the opportunity to get the 2 extra scans, so even better!!! :lol:

I used to drink lots of coffee, but can't even stand the smell now. Could do with the caffeine boost at this time of the day though!!

tankett - that is mad! the caffeine - spit test.... as you say you.. it doesn't put you out and you get to see your little en again!

My next scan is a week this coming tuesday. I'll be 20 weeks and 2 days... really looking forward to it as my 1st one seems like so long ago... i think the gap between the 1st and 2nd is too long! how do we know we're doing everthing right and eating the right foods etc... when i went for my 1st scan they run out of info books and told me to get one at my 2nd scan... for god's sake i'll be 1/2 way there before i get an info pack!!!!! i've got my own books but that's not the point! say i couldn't afford to buy my own books.... sorry i'm going off on one!!!!

Anyway i'm glad your in the 2nd trimester and can relax a lot more now!!! it's flying by for us all... remember our little group logging on every day chatting about trying, legs in the air, medicine, BDing when not in the mood because it's the right time, getting upset when AF arrived month after month.. who'd of thought we'd all be pregnant together!

I'm feeling in a happy mood now!!! we're pregnant... he he

YAY!!!

It fees so good to be in the second tri doesn't it!!

Lets hope we all have a trouble free one!

You've got your second scan before mine! JEALOUS!!

Mine's on the 28th April, I'll be 21+3.

xxx

hayley said:
remember our little group logging on every day chatting about trying, legs in the air, medicine, BDing when not in the mood because it's the right time, getting upset when AF arrived month after month.. who'd of thought we'd all be pregnant together!

Every so often, I'll log on and have a look at out posts from 6 months ago. They'd give hope to anyone out there ttc. We were neurotic women weren't we???!! Seeing symptoms that weren't there every month!!! and now look at us! :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back