I know...another one about weight...

mamichuli

Reaction score
I realise that this area of the forum is ffffuuuuuulll of pages on weight and weight loss, but I was somewhere else on the forum and realised how down some of us get, because we are too fat, or too thin, or just unhappy with ourselves.

I know that my main problem is willpower and it is closely linked to the fact that having kids of varying ages, there are always snacks I shouldnt have in the house. Sooooooooooooooooo,
I decided this weekend that I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. :cheer: So I am now making a list of things I CAN do, maybe you gals would like to join me, we can support each other in this:

1. I cant stop the kids having the odd treat, they dont much in the way of sweets anyway, but i can stop stocking them. If they want a choccie bar, they can go and buy ONE, none in the house.
2. Organise my menu daily, what I will have for breakfast, lunch and dinner and two snacks (healthy ones, not sweets or crisps!) there is evidence to the fact that if you organise your meals and make sure you have the ingredients you need, you will be more capable of eating only what you should
3. Eat little and often, hence two snacks - an apple, for instance
4. Drink lots of water and cut out alcohol, except one day a week, for me sunday.
5. Come on here when I am down and tell you all, so you can give me a hug and give you lots of hugs! I know that i am full of good things, my big butt , tum and tits are obstacles I feel the need to deal with!
6. If i feel really famished, have a small snack but only things like apple, cucumber, things like that. Proper meals at proper times, light snacks and the weight will come away.
7. EXERCISE Always a big prob for me - I am a sedentary cow, start walking to work instead of taking the underground. It is about fifteen mins, save money and exercise at the same time!
8. I have a goal, always a good start. A very dear friend is bringing me a bikini from the UK when she comes in summer, I cant buy anything to fit here (as some of you know i have hoooooooge jugs 38HH), and I want to feel that it looks ok around the midriff, so need to lose a bit of weight.

Loads of other things, just cant think of them now...why dont you all out there add to my list?

I am off to the chemist to weigh myself, will come on later and tell you what the damage is! :oops: :shock:

Please join me, I can use your support, and maybe I can cheer others up too.

OH MY GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD
This is my current weight - dont know what it is in stone, but not sure i want to: 78.350 Kgs. I am on lettuce leaves for the foreseeable future :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lisa

I'm with you hun. Just nipping on just now, but will update with my goals etc later. I HAVE to do this for my health AND my mental health. Everything seems like it'll just fall into place (wedding, baby no. 2, confidence in social situations, able to buy normal clothes etc) if I lose this bl**dy weight!)

Valentine Xxx

My top tips for losing weight are

1. Take a pic of all your worst body bits, print them out then stick them to the fridge and cupboards. Everytime you go to snack and graze you'll see the pics and remember why just you shouldnt be there :lol:

2. Hang a pair of jeans up on the wardrobe that you'd like to be able to fit into. Keep them there until you can fit into them.

3. Drink ice cold water. It helps burn calories as your body has to work harder to heat the water up

4. When eating dinner, once you are full squirt washing up liquid on the rest so you arent tempted to eat what you dont really need.

5. Write down EVERYTHING that you eat, everyday. You'll be suprised how many things can slip your mind that you've eaten :lol: When its there in black and white its so easy to wwork out where you're going wrong.

6. This one is prob bordering eating disorder habits :oops: ( but it works for me ) if I really fancy something naughty like chocolate Il chew it, get the taste and then spit it out.

Im on my diet now and have 3 and half stone to loose, I been on it for 5 days now. Good luck to you ladies! xx

I'm with you :D I'd really like to lose a stone at least and I know how to do it (your list says it all) but its all down to will power like you say. I am also going to do as many crunches (sit ups) as I can a day to help flatten my tummy :wink:

Also a friend of mine told me one of her friends lost weight just by cutting out carbs after 5pm! Might be worth adding to the list?!

valentine said:
I'm with you hun. Just nipping on just now, but will update with my goals etc later. I HAVE to do this for my health AND my mental health. Everything seems like it'll just fall into place (wedding, baby no. 2, confidence in social situations, able to buy normal clothes etc) if I lose this bl**dy weight!)

Valentine Xxx

Ditto hun, I also feel everything will fall in to place - except Baby no 2 as OH said not for a few years lol

My list of ''To Do's'' is as follows

1) Stick a 2 week menu inside the cupboard to follow
2) Purchase the things I need for the menu on a weekly basis
3) Do the Wii fit for half an hour min all days its possible
4) Go for lots of walks with Oran instead of walking everywhere
5) DO NOT THINK ONE MORE WONT HURT - CLEARLY IT WILL OR YOU WOULDNT BE IN THIS STATE!!
6) Remember the Wedding in 2009 and Aim for it!
7) Dont set the Goals to high, 2lb a week is healty and more likley to stay off, remember that
8) One night of drinking a week & then only wine or white spirits with tonic - NO ALCOPOPS OR CIDER OR BEER
9) NO TAKEAWAYS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!
10) Remember the nice comments I got the other month when I lost over a stone ''wow you look great'' etc etc and emember how good they made you feel!
11) Walk up the 3 flights of stairs at work instead of taking the lift
12) Come here for support!

I will probably add to this also!

I must say this is yet ''more'' excuses so to speak but I will start this properly (Im doing it mostly now but noy 100% as havnt been shopping) on Wed as Im on nights till then and wont get chance to go to do a proper shop!

Another thing, I find it so hard eating right when working shifts, anyone any tips? I was thinking once ive got up and got oran im back home about 2.30 so having ''breakfast'' then, making tea for Oran and OH but me not having it then, but putting a portion to bring to work and me have my ''lunch'' with them about 6pm then about 1am have my boxed up tea?

Oh dear, I have been a bit naughty...We were invited to a party yesterday and although I stayed away from tatties, bread and all the snacks, i did drink rather more beer than i can remember... :x
In my defense I will say that I hadnt been to a party for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, and I just wanted to enjoy myself...but I am now going to be good :angel:

I can do this, I know I can.

Some of those tips are really good, I do like the photos on cupboards, but my kids would never let me alone and I dont think that would be so good for my self esteem... :wall:

Anyway, I am off to make a healthy salad for my lunch.

Lisa

tillytots, PLEASE dont give out tips like that number 6- yes that IS eating disorder behaviour and that shit is soooooooooooo addictive its untrue :wall: PLEASE stop doing it stop now while u can :( :hug:

trixipaws said:
tillytots, PLEASE dont give out tips like that number 6- yes that IS eating disorder behaviour and that sh*t is soooooooooooo addictive its untrue :wall: PLEASE stop doing it stop now while u can :( :hug:

sorry :oops:

Aww Trix, I am SO proud of you, recognising others probs, when you have so many of your own. Good for you, girl! We will all make it to our goals with the right attitude - does it show I am having a good day? n :D

Probably coz I was a reaaaaaaaaally good girl yesterday - :angel: :angel: it was a holiday here so the whole family was home, which is when it is most difficult. I fixed them two lovely meals and then fixed myself two boring salads and watched them eat, while I had my lettuce and thought about how MASSIVE my arse is! :rotfl:

I was really pleased coz i didnt eat any crap at all. :cheer:

And the best part is that it wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be.

Lisa

Hi guys...I am getting sick and tired of salad...already :cry:

But i will continue...I CAN DO THIS!!!!! Could do with some friendly support tho... :hug:

Jeez, how pathetic can you get Lisa! Three days into this and you are already behaving like a wimp - a fat wimp at that! :x

Lisa

The ONLY way I have ever managed to lose weight and keep it off is to ...

EAT 3 MEALS A DAY

EXERCISE FOR 30 MINS AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK.

WEIGH MYSELF 1 X WEEK ONLY

TAKE HIP AND TUMMY MEASUREMENTS 1 X WEEK TO MOTIVATE EVEN IF NO WEIGHT LOSS.

DO NOT DEPRIVE MYSELF- JUST HAVE SMALL QUANTITIES OF THE NICE STUFF AND FEEL PROUD THAT YOU ARE IN CONTROL AND REWARDING YOURSELF SENSIBLY.

A couple of years ago I lost 16lbs in 2 months by following this 'plan' and since losing the weight only pregnancy has managed to put any weight back on me and only 6lb at that! I'm really keen that people DO NOT DIET- I have suffered the horrible pit falls of an eating disorder and after suffering and getting depressed for 10 years- learning not to diet was like a total revelation!

Good luck with your weight loss :hug:

Hi guys, I havent posted on this thread for a while...too busy, but I have been working on my diet, and I have lost one Kg 350gr, which is not a lot, but I am really pleased it is slowly coming off...just trying to calculate, that is roughly 3lbs.
I had my period last week and that always makes me gain about a kg, so not too bad. It is the reason I didnt post weight loss last week, as I gained a kg :shock: , but it is normal.
I would like to be losing more in the range of two pounds a week, but one and a bit is ok.
So, at least the damn salads are doing SOMETHING!

:cheer:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back