I hope my waters don't break...

Jade89

Reaction score
...to start with...I want a shower or a bath before I go into hospital and your not allowed a bath or shower after your waters break are you? :(

Jade89 said:
...to start with...I want a shower or a bath before I go into hospital and your not allowed a bath or shower after your waters break are you? :(

You are but you can't use any soaps or anything

So i could still have a shower then? I reckon a shower would be better.

Just as long as I feel clean when I go into hospital, I don't want to feel manky (even though I probably will after), i'd feel much more comfortable if I were clean...I don't know, I could go into labour after having a bath or shower but if I havn't had one that day i'd like one.

I think they just dont let you wash your foo hun. A shower should be fine :D

This is a bit of an old-fashioned idea, I was told it's fine to have a bath or shower. Don't people give birth in baths??
:)

Jade89 said:

you can take a shower. it won't hurt :hug:

Yeah i think its just the case of not washing your 'Foo' (as Violet-glow says) with any kind of soaps, I'm sure everywhere else on your body is fine esp if you will be having a shower as you wont be laying in your dirt and grime

Oh in that case they can break when they like lol...

Will it still be okay to shave even if it's just my bikini line or something?

I know I wont give a crap at the time but it's these little things that r worrying me now lol.

I am planning on keeping that area well and truly trimmed!! Hubby has said that he will do it for me when I can't reach!!! I see it as bing more hygeinic... also, If you have an emergency section they dry shave you if you are "bushy" :oops: So I would rather take care of that myself!!!!!

Lyndsey said:
I am planning on keeping that area well and truly trimmed!! Hubby has said that he will do it for me when I can't reach!!! I see it as bing more hygeinic... also, If you have an emergency section they dry shave you if you are "bushy" :oops: So I would rather take care of that myself!!!!!

I use a mirror and just sit on the floor to trim and it works well hunny :D

Lyndsey said:

Haha I got my OH to trim me, ended up with hardly anything there and he cut a lip :x

Princess_Puddles said:
Lyndsey said:

Haha I got my OH to trim me, ended up with hardly anything there and he cut a lip :x

OUCH! i am not letting OH near my bits lol... i keep it trimmed down it's not bushy but my bikini line needs doing, don't wanna do it now incase i go 2 weeks over or something and it would be really hard to shave then because my hair has been growing back really slow and it would be short bristles whicj i hate shaving :wall:

when my waters broke the hospital told me to have a bath as it should get labour started. and the lady filled the bath for me will bubble bath

then i got out and 2 hrs later got back in as i hadnt started having contractions. then when i got out 2nd time contractions started.

i felt nice and fresh in labour with Dior so i felt nice and fresh but with Harley it all happened so fast i didnt have a bath and felt minging

I went in after waters had broken and they said a bath would be a good idea for pain relief.

I also understand that it's not advisable to have a bath until you're in established labour & have been for a while though as it can kill off the contractions :doh:

LBxx

I'm so relieved that i can at least have a shower! :cheer:

i didnt get to have a shower or bath the mornig of my section i felt horrible! :puke:

and i didnt get to have a hair cut! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back