I have written an e-book! How much should I charge?

andreaaa

Reaction score
Hello my lovelies... hope everyone is well :) :hug:

I have written an e-book which I am planning to sell on e-Bay... "BEAT THE CREDIT CRUNCH: 101 Ways To SAVE and MAKE Money". How much would you pay for something like this? The tips inside could save people thousands of pounds as well as lots of tips on making extra money. £0.99 seems too little and i don't want it to be given little value but £9.99 seems too much considering the current financial crisis... HELP!

I'd say charge £4.99 Besides they can't complain at the price as they'l be saving themself alot of money by buying your e-book.
Good luck selling :)

How easy is it to copy? If someone recommended it to a friend you want the friend to buy it rather than take a copy. If it's easy to copy you'd want to charge more.

Personally, I've never bought an ebook so I don't know what the going rate would be. I'd pay less than for a real book as I'd either have to use my paper or my electricity to read it.

I'd say a pound or 2 so that people buy it. If it were more I wouldn't risk buying it in case it were all things that wouldn't save me money anyway if you see what I mean? I'm not saying that is the case, I'm sure your book is brilliant, but for example Which? magazine had a similarly titled magazine with it a few months ago and out of the 50 or 100 tips (I forget how many) there was not a single one that would save me money.

If it turns out to be a great success then you can raise the amount you are asking for.

Great points raised, thanks Kalia :hug:

It would be very easy to copy as it is in Word atm and that is probably how I would send it as an attachment. I didn't see the Which article so I can't really compare but MOST of the tips in the book I could (and have) used myself.

I won't be offering re-sell rights but I haven't a clue how to word it to try to stop people selling it on :think:

Another point, I could offer a money-back guarantee if anyone buys the book and can't use any of the tips... Could that help?

I thought Ebay stopped selling digital files? :?

Sorry if I'm wrong :oops:

andreaaa said:
Another point, I could offer a money-back guarantee if anyone buys the book and can't use any of the tips... Could that help?

I dont think that would work though cause everyone could buy it and after a few days/weeks/months they could come back to you and say I can't use this & it hasn't saved me any money & because you cannot really get any proof from people that it is hasn't helped them then you will be obligied to give them their money back which means you wouldn't be making any money but still have to pay money out to ebay ect..

I don't know if you've started selling and I've only just came back to this thread.

Don't sell it as a word file. It would be very easy to alter the way things are phrased, the order of things etc. and then it would no longer be your copyrighted book but something that could be freely distributed. Change it to a pdf file. Then find out how to make that file only accessible with a passcode. I have no idea how to do that but I have bought a funky knitting pattern and that is how it was protected. Without the code you can't open it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back