• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have this horrid taste in my mouth :0(

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

I have this horrid taste in my mouth & throat, starts at the bottom of my throat and feels like a hot piece of metal that is a bit like a cross between indigestion in my throat & sucking on a piece of steel :(

I have been having waves of nausea all day today as it overwhelms (sp) me........been a bit dizzy too :(

Came home and have had a little sleep but taste is back already - DH has just got me some Gaviscon tablets so I'm gonna try that in a minute he's just making me some food cos it says to take it after food.

Just wondered if anyone else has/ has had this horrid metal taste and if they can suggest anything to help get rid of the taste?

Many thanks & love to all mummies & bumps & babies :hug:

have no idea what it could be but hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

I read melon is good for integestion the other day...I have boguht one but not ate any yet.

sorry not much help really :hug:

cloud9 said:
I read melon is good for integestion the other day...I have boguht one but not ate any yet.

sorry not much help really :hug:

Hmmm.....have a honeydew in the fridge so may well get C to cut that up for me :cheer:

I have also had a wierd tast in my mouth and throat just as you described, been feeling dizzy and sick. Aint got a clue what it is caused by, or how to make it feel any better. My tongue has been swelling up and getting really sore too. Asked the midwife but she just said "ah these things sometimes happen, but never mind your nearly done" cheaky mare!! but only 4 days till my booked in section. Love the idea of the melon, will be sending hubby out today to get me one, x

Could it be that your heartburn/indigestion is just really bad now?

I know that in the early stages when I felt sick I had the most rancid Bile taste in my mouth, was really horribe :(

I think the gaviscon might work, maybe try some milk too if you can stomach it? Hope you feel better :hug:

Oooh sorry forgot to add, that my Doc siad that the acid can also affect your tonsils which has really badly irritated my throat, might be this?

He said it should stop when I'm not pregnant :roll:

Yeah sounds like my heartburn too.. its horrid :x Just eat small meals, drink lots of water, and try Rennie fruit tablets! :D Yummy and they work for me there and then! They say yoghurts are good too.
I hope it goes away soon hun :hug:
When i feel a bit sicky i have a peppermint and it takes it away. ive done this since being pg with Jaycee..used to carry tic tacs on me at work lol! Now im on to extra strong mints..yummy!! If i feel any kind of sickness it really helps. Ithelped a few freinds too when they were pg, but i guess different things work on diff people!
:hug:

I had similar to this and it drove me mad. :x I think it was someting like cattarh but i didnt have a cold. I couldnt get rid of it even with antacids, brushing teeth or anything. :wall: It made everything else taste crappy too. It lasted about 2 weeks altogether. The only thing i can suggest is to suck on boiled sweets that you like, quite strong to mask the taste. Hopefully it will soon go, but i know how you feel, it really gets you down.

Good luck, hope it soon goes.
XX Jane XX

I've invested in some Gaviscon, and that has helped so fingers crossed :pray: that should get me through the next 5 weeks or so. Will also get some rennies for my handbag - thanks all :hug:

Someone else recommended ice cold water - and I have to say that that helps too...... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back