V good luck with it, I think it's a good idea but also a bit random - I dunno, I mean surely if heparin and aspirin are of benefit they should give it to everyone, not just cos you picked out the right card.....but I guess they do have to do these trials and it's better that you do this rather than get no extra care. Which would you prefer to have?

I;m a bit bias on the heparin / aspirin as I really believe in it and will be starting on heparin next week but I guess there's not enough concrete proof to say it works for everyone. The weekly scans would be great for reassurance but I'm not sure I believe they could prevent miscarriage.

Still, it's a positive thing cos you're gonna get extra care and be monitored v closely either way - even if you get the heparin option I'm sure they'll still give you extra scans.

Let us know how you get on as soon as you can! xxxx

I think this sounds like a really good idea, I think alot of woman with a history of miscarriage would jump at the chance so your right to take part. I'm sure everything will be fine and its completely understandable to be apprehensive about the first scan. Good luck hun.

xx

Its interesting to consider.

I personally don't think stress is a factor in MC, as women have them even when not stressed. Its our bodies way of telling us something wasn't or isn't right is my feeling.

I know after 3 MC's they do then usually investigate to see if there is a reason/cause of a woman miscarrying and if it can be helped with medical treatment and so on.

FWIW, a friend of mine is training to be a doc in Denmark and she told me about the aspirin thing a while back. They have or are studying it over there. I have no idea about findings though.

I don't think it can hurt either way. Weekly scans might however become a bit traumatic for you as you have to go through the worry each week before you see what is happening. But then you also get the reassurance from them. Both sides of the coin....

Good luck anyways, whatever you decide :hug: :hug: :hug:

I personally would jump at the chance but I guess it's up to you really. I've read one book by a miscarriage expert who was saying that TLC and weekly scans did make a difference to chances of m/c but they haven't done enough research so it would be good to be part of that- likewise the heparin and asprin route sounds good. I would happily take those if offered them as all the trials have come up positive for it. Though if it stresses you out to have scans could you opt out if you pull that card out?

+++

It might be interesting to help medical science but I don't think I'd be able to go through weekly scans, I would find it quite stressful. On the other hand it may be a really good bonding experience with your baby :think:

I think weekly scans would reasure women who have had losses before...I dont know enough about Hepin to comment...

Good luck tho babydust, I am sure everything will be fine...its natural to have those thoughts and worries hun! :hug: Look at me im a wreck! LOL!

I know exactly how you feel... Its like those words are worse then anything ever.

Try to embrace it this could be a really good thing, it would be fab to be scanned every week and pretty amazing because you get to watch your babys grow etc...

Either way try not to be nervous about the scan.

x :hug:

I can think of good reasons and bad reasons for all of them really.

I feel for you if you pull the Heprin injection card because it can get very stingy and painful and i also think that Heprin should only be used where needed.

I dont think personally that scans everyweek can prevent miscarriages.

Asprin might be a good idea for the blood flow as it does slightly thin your blood where Heprin will thin it quite a bit more than Asprin so if you have normal blood i think it could possibly cause problems.

Thats my views on it.

babydust said:
just got back from appointment, it went well, so im told :think:
they did an internal scan and could see the sack which measured 5 weeks 2 days which is about right , she said not to worry that we didnt see the pole or a heart beat she didnt really expect to see it at this stage, i have to go back next friday for another scan hopefully they will see more, i just feel stuck in the middle somewere i dont know what to think, i have felt grumpy and snappy since the scan, i just wish they hadnt scanned me this early, i feared feeling like this :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

See how you feel and cope this week between scans and after the next one and if you find it too distressing or worrying then maybe drop out of the trial. If its having a negative effect on you and not a positive one, it might be better. Other women might cope well with it and find it a good thing to take part in, but if its not for you, then don't pursue it. No point if its making you unhappy or causing worry.

Have a few more of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hmmm well im thinking everytime I have a scan i kinda shite myself i know i will on the day, so reading into this Im assuming since you have mc'ed too you feel this way ie going to see something bad everytime u go for scan?

Firstly this scan is fantastic because it rules out any very early complications just wait and see how u feel for the next one hun, i know how hard it is I would love to tell you not to worry but I know in myself I would be lying because it is terribly worrying all this scanning u just wanna be 6mths or something and know its all going on form...

If im off the mark the apoligies'

:hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: I'm sorry that it stressed you out. I agree with Sherlock see how you feel at the next scan because there's no point in carrying on if you get a negative experience from it :hug: I'm sure the midwives would understand your feelings.

I have to admit, I'm glad I haven't had to have any early scans. I'm even quite glad we didn't listen for the heartbeat yesterday. I am in blissful ignorance until my 12 week scan :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Just do whatever you want to babydust, never mind anyone else, its about you and your LO and being happy and safe :hug:

From what I have read on here alone, these very early scans stress alot of ladies out because they never really tell you much and never really find a heartbeat so early on. I think your feelings are perfectly normal and I would be exactly the same. Concentrate on what the scan did show and that was a sack that measured your exact dates, which means your pregnancy is viable and babs is growing! I know its easier said than done! I will really be routing for you during this trial because I think its so worthwhile. I'm sure after the next scan you will feel better!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back