I have Group B Strep

VikkiR

Reaction score
When I went into hospital Wednesday afternoon/evening with tightenings they took a swab which came back positive for GSB. Midwife has just called and I have to go in in Tuesday, she said I need to have an antibiotic IV 4 hours before delivery and will have to stay in overnight after delivery as LO will need constant monitoring to see if she has picked it up too. I know it's better to know in advance but I'll just add it to the list of worries :wall2:

xx

Hope ur ok hun, least they have caught it and u have a treatment in place. Good luck xxx

sorry to hear this :( but at least they caught it and they will do everything so it doesnt transfer to baby :) its just pants that yes its another worry but it happens alot so try stay positive xxxxxxx

I had it and had to have the drip but LO was fine. I had a course of antibiotics before LO arrived but they didn't work. The important thing is that they know about it! Don't worry too muchxx

Did you ask for the test or do they do it as standard where you are?? FX all goes well for you and bubs. xx

I have that 2 hun mw said I will need antibotices at time of labour best of luck x

I had it, was given antibiotics during labour and all was fine x

Glad they have found it soon do it can be treated. Try not to worry hun xx

:hug: better to know now though and be prepared. Am sure everything will be fine xxxxxxxxx

Great that they know you have it so can be treated - all will be fine. I had it but it wasn't screened for and they only realised after the birth, so both Emily and I had to stay in hospital for five days of anti-biotics after birth. Scary times - at least I would be better prepared if I have a second pregnancy.
You will be fine and protected by the pre labour anti biotics. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back