• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have a guardian angel.. me thinks..

Squiglet

Reaction score
Well in general I'm having a rough time... basically half my family a popping their clogs atm.. but today something happened that made me realise someone really is watching over me.. even though things seem grim atm.

I work in a bank.. I finished at 2:30 today (Yea! Friday).... I was going to go outside and take some money out the cash point... but I don't have my account with the bank I work with and I'd have to pay about 3€ in charge... usually I do because to go to another cash point means me going out of my way and I was tired.. but tbh... I can't really afford to spend 3€ just to take out 20€ so I thought no even though I desperately needed the cash... I thought I'll just borrow some from DH and I'll just get in my car and get home asap.. As I walked out the door, a woman around my age came up to take some money out the machine from the lawyers office next door...

I walked across the road (I literally have parked across from my work)... opened my car, get in, started to my DH on the mobile when I hear screaming behind me... :shock:

Some man has just ran up to the woman at the cash point and tried to grab her bag.. he pulls the bag so hard she goes down like a ton of bricks... she holds tight to the bag and he is pulling it so hard she is being dragged along the ground.. :shock: :shock: A couple of blokes from the neighbouring bars run over to her and the bloke drops the bag and runs off...

But OMFG.. that could have been me... It SHOULD have been me... but for some reason... I chose not to get the money out the machine today when I would normally do so as its the only machine I go past on my way home. Poor woman though.. I felt so sorry for her almost guilty because if I had gone and gotten the money out like I was going to... She would have been ok and I would have been the one...

I've lived here 6 years and I have NEVER seen anything like that before... Really shook me up... I mean.. It happened in London all the time, and it happened to me in London.. but this was the first time I've seen it here... I'm not naive I know it goes on and I am careful as I can be.. but wow... :shock: :shock: It was so scary.. I'll go see if the woman is alright on Monday. :(

Awww the poor girl.... glad it wasnt you tho
:hug:

the poor woman hope shes ok.glad your ok,it would be scary for anyone :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is always upsetting when you see something like that where you live.

I was mugged twice in South Africa and was always looking over my shoulder, and am never totally relaxed in London either. But when at home in Finland I don't really worry, but all I would need is to see something like you did and the feeling of safety would be gone.

Hope you are ok. Don't let it bother you too much - just watch out a little.

I am sure the Guardian Angel will keep looking after you :hug: :hug: :hug:

God that was a lucky escape Squig! Glad your ok. Poor lady though :(

:hug: :hug:

Scary, good decision there hun! That poor lady though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa