I hate the waiting!!!

bulb

Reaction score
Hi All

This is my first post, and im after some help please!!!

My last AF started on the 26th January! I normally have a 28 day cycle, so I am now officially almost 2 weeks late!!! I have taken 3 tests and the first 2 were negative, but the one I did yesterday had a VERY FAINT positive line! I went to the doctors today and they did a blood test to look at my Hcg levels and see if it is positive.

Here's the thing, I feel exactly how I did when I was pregnant last year (had a m/c at 7wks), all the same symptoms. Tender boobs, bloated, sickness etc.

I cant stand the waiting of my results tmw!!! Has anyone else ever had such a wait past the due AF date til a +test result? The other question then is if im not pg why the wait?
Anyone, help!!

++++++Baby dust to you all, and lots of BFP's++++++

Hi

I'm in a similar boat. My last AF was 5th Feb. I usually have a cycle between 26 and 29 days. I work around a 28 day cycle and then find my AF either comes on the dot or a day either side. I was due my next 4th March. But it's now the 10th and nothing... I have never been this late before. I have done 3 tests and all 3 have a most definate negative result. I don't have period pains or any pregnant syptoms. It's like my AF has just vanished.

I'm going to wait until this time next week before I make a doctors appointment (if my AF hasn't come by then)

But I know how your feeling.. It's constantly on my mind. Good luck with the test result.. Fingers crossed for you. Please come back and let us know how you get on. Lots of baby dust for you*******************

Well.. Just got back from the doctors and got the results of my blood test...and got a BFN!!

Im quite glad actually becauseI started to bleed last night (sorry if TMI). I started to worry then whether it was a m/c or my AF!!

Well we shall keep trying again and see what happens next month!! Wonder if I can have a 45 day cycle again!!!

Will keep everyone posted.

BFP's and babydust to everyone!!!

HI

I'm now 9 days late. I have done 3 tests and everyone was negative. Getting a bit worried now because i've never beenmnore than 2 days late. I'm going to wait a few more days then go for some tests at the doctors. The last few days i've had period pains. I really want this time to be a BFP but deep down i know i'm not pregnant.

Good luck to everyone trying for a BFP this month.

Hello Hayley

I know how you are feeling - I really want this month to be a BFP but the test that I did on Saturday was a BFN. I am expecting my AF any day from wed so probably impatiently tested too early but now think I am having period pains (then again I may just be thinking about it too much!!)

I wish I could relax but it's all I can think of!!!

Good luck really hope you get your BFP - let me know!

Hi Lindsey

I still haven't got my AF. Made an appointment today at 5.30 with the doctor. I really really hope I get an BFP. I'm now 11 days late. I've never know this before. Going crazy thinking about. If i'm not pregnant I just want my Af to come. I dreamt all nite about going to the doctors. I even remember the conversation i had with her and i rememeber seeing her face whe she came back into the room with a BFP.... I really hope it turns out to be more than a dream.

My best friend is pregnant at the moment and she explained the first few weeks are like having period pains. When she found out she was pregnant she was 8 weeks. She said she knew her period was late but it was never really on time. and the pains she was having made her think it was coming any day.

Anyway i'll try and not be too depressed if i get a BFN - we've always got the rest of this month and then next month... more practicing....

I'll let you know what I get
(BFP please)

Hi Ladies,

I have my fingers crossed for you :). I'm expecting AF any day from tomorrow to next Wednesday (although tomorrow would be 22 days and my average tends to be 24) it's probably about a week since I ovulated and I've had that low down about to start feeling all day, not quite cramps but if there was no chance that I was PG I'd just be thinking "damn, AF any time now" plus I feel all emotional. Could it be PMT, could it be my imagination or.....? This is my first month of trying ever- right now I feel like a walking calculator! How on earth do you take your mind off it?! It seems very unfair that the symptoms of being PG and not being PG are so similar at this point!

Anyway, good luck at the doctor's Hayley :D

Hi Ladies

I'm back from the doctors. It didn't go as I planned. The doctor gave me a tube to collec urine in and asked me to hand it back tomorrow. I thought they would test me there and then. Anyway my husband has to hand it in tomorrow morning. Then I have to wait till Fri to get the result back. So more time sitting and thinking about it. I explained I have period pains and a tender breast. Unfortunately period symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are the same. So it could be that i'm very very late (period) or im pregnant. The test i bought from the internet might be poor quality. I was going to pick up a clear blue test on the way home then thought i'll do the doctors test and wait patiently. I had a good talk to the doctor about my chances and if the odd's are against us due to the fact my husband is 48yrs old. Because i'm 30 yrs old the fact that my husband is older makes no difference to our chances. Another reason men get it easy...My husband is extremly fit and healthy, training at least 4 times a week. He eats a health diet so our chances are the same as a couple who are both in their early 30's. That put my mind at rest alot. She told me to give it another 6 months. Been off the pill 6 months already. Luckily my cycles have been fine (till now)

When I finally find out my results i'll let you know.

Good luck to everyone trying

Hi Hayley, I kept checking every 10 mins after 6 o'clock to see if you had your results, how frustrating for you not to have found out :( My fingers are still firmly crossed :)

Good luck for Friday!

thanks alot for thinking of me. It's so frustrating. I just want to know now.
The thing is if I'm not pregnant. I'm going to be thinking there is something wrong with me. Today i've decided to out it to the back of my mind. I haven't been on the site till now. I'm usually logging in first thing in the morning when i arrive into the office.

Anyway thanks for the good luck. I'll be back Fri with the result.. Kind of exciting as well as nervous.

Good luck to everyone else.

Hi Hayley

I really hope that you get your BFP, I got my AF yesterday, was very sad! After I got over the tears (which were probably lots to do with my hormones!!) my husband and I had a good talk - he thinks that I am putting too much pressure on myself and being stressed won't be helping the cause.
We have decided to just go for it like rabbits this next month and keep everything we have crossed!!!!! We have booked a holiday in August to Majorca to give me something else to occupy my mind with. It's just so awful everyone round me is getting pregnant which makes me feel so much worse - but I am now going to have nothing but postive thoughts........my time will surely come sooner rather than later (I hope!)

Fingers crossed for friday!

Hi Ladies

I got my result... BFN! I was upset, angry and confussed. Even worse I couldn't get my husband on the phone so when i finally got hold of him I had a bit of a shout.... I'm okay now. I just built my hopes up too much. It's been 6 weeks since my last period. I was due 2 weeks ago today. So now i have to wait for my next AF to come before I can start trying again.

Lindsey.. don't go crossing everything...... Maybe next month will lucky for us. I know how you feel. I wanted to scream but i'm in work and no-one knows i'm trying....

Oh no I am so sorry for you - I was really hoping you would be luckier than I was. It is heartbreaking isn't it?

I am in the same boat nobody knows I am trying at work ..... we have 2 girls going on to maternity leave and another who has just found out she is pregnant - so it's all baby talk which makes things worse!

Anyway hayley, keep positive thoughts. I was woke up in the night on Thursday with the worst period pains ever - so now I am convincing myself that my body is getting back to normal from having the pill inside for so long!!!

You never know next month may just be our month - here's hoping.

Keep smiling - you're not in this alone when you're down just think of little ole me who is equally as down!!

HI Lindsay

Looks like my body is back to normal... Got my AF fri nite. How weird is that. I waited for 2 weeks for it then the minute the doctor confirms i'm not pregnant it came. I'm kind of happy because i was getting a little worried that my AF might be lost for a few more weeks. Hopefully I can get back into a cycle again. Enjoyed a good few Gin and Tonic's at the weekend. Making the most of being able to drink because once we get a BFP that's it for the next 9 months.

Good luck next month...

Hi Hayley
I can completely sympathise with your recent experiences. DH and I had been trying for 2 years, since coming off the pill, 2 years ago, my AF had always been 28/29 days. Someone suggested we have sex everyday (not as easy as you think!) so last November we did (poor DH). AF didn't arrive on due date, got very excited but tried to stay calm (but so impossible when all you want is to be PG!), 10 days later no AF, did 3 PG tests, all negative, had symptoms before AF due that AF might be coming and then they just all disappeared! Anyway, on day i said i was going to go to Doc's to make sure everything ok, it appeared - AF extravanganza - devastated and thought how unfair my body had been to us both that month, very upset and more so than i thought i would be, mainly because i think there was more of a glimmer of hope that we could have been. Anyway, we have subsequently had tests done to make sure we are all ok seeing as it's been 2 years and DH confirmed that he had a v.low count, then confirmed with 2nd test last week, he had a normal count - back on the rollercoaster for us and awaiting 3rd test to see if we need to be referred or not! However, in the mean time, still trying the "natural" way and hoping for the best - AF due on 2nd April! It is such a hard time when your wanting to get PG, everywhere you look there are babies and bumps and friends who only have to sneeze and they seem to be PG. Keep strong, keep positive (hard i know!) and know that there are always lots of people on here who will help you and support you no matter what your questions or worries are. It's just nice to know your not alone. Take care and good luck this month. Doris x

Hi hayley

I guess you relaxed after having the BFN confirmed by the docs and that's why the AF came!!

I know I am going out on Sunday for a few vodkas - was really hoping that I wouldn't be going out with the girls as planned cos would have had my BFP but no such luck! Do you know I would gladly give up going out etc to have my BFP. Still, as you say make the most of it now while we can!

My AF is over now so can start to have fun! ;)

Sending you lots of baby dust!!!!

Doris - I can totally sympathise with you - everywhere I look there are preganat ladies and everyone round me seems to be getting pregnant. Our time will definately come!

I am a new member and I have no idea what are BFN, AF or BF. Could anyone help me out.

I got married Feb. 25 2005, at first I thought that we shouldn't have a baby now because I still have about 2 years to finish college, but there is something in my heart thats telling me otherwise. That's all I can think about now. All day long I see pregnant women walking about or mom's with their toddlers and I can't stop imaging how will it feel to have another life growing in me. I want to be a mommy.

Blessings to everyone and showers of baby dust

Hiya Helen

I was the same as you when i joined - had no idea what it all meant - there is a section on site which gives list of abreviations, BFN is a 'big fat negative' result, something which i am getting lots of!! I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that April will be the month for me.

I am currently at day 14 of my cycle, am going to use Ovulation sticks on Friday to test for my most fertile time. My cycle last month was 35 days but it is different every month - I had really bad cramps last time so am hoping that my body is getting back to 'normal' from having the contraceptive pill inside me for so long. Here's hoping anyway!

Lindsay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back