I had a party.

NIE

Reaction score
I am so happy tonight. :D :D :D

I start my maternity leave tomorrow and the staff at work threw me a surprise leaving party.

It was great. We had all sorts of tasty food and everyone was there. It was very emotional for me especially when I was given a huge basket of flowers, cards and pressies.

I'm really looking forward to having the time off but will miss all the laughs.

Are you all excited about starting maternity leave?, and will you miss the people you work with? xxx

That was a lovely thing for them to do for you, glad you enjoyed it :hug:

Ohh that was lovely of them! I am self employed as an estate agent, however, my office didn't throw me a party, I did, however, get money from them all.

See, it's a tradition out here, get married, they give you money, have a baby, they give you money. It's like a good luck thing! I went on maternity leave 2 weeks before I was suppose to but it was a combination of the heat here and my bones hurting, that SPD or whatever it is.

Anyhow, I am going in for a week on the 24th to cover the office manager but I am getting paid to sit there and just answer the phone and emails lol

The Staff at my work had a night out for me on Saturday , we went for an Indian meal, then more people turned up at the pub, then a little later again, a crowd of us went to kareoke....oh That bit was bad..... he he he he... it was wonderful... i was a bit emotional when i got my card signed by everyone with little comments, good luck, will miss you, etc.... money and pressies too... so very nice.

Then today, my Matron called me to the office and with the other sisters there, gave me a bottle of 'Mumm' champers... :rotfl: so lovely of them.

I finish work this Friday, and i know I am going to be in tears.... i've been give cards, money and pressies by families too..... I will miss them all. but i only live 10 minutes walk away so I plan to visit them.

Isn't it just lovely to know people will miss you and to see how many friends you have made at your work place

hope you enjoy your leave too... :hug: lv Yvonne xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back