I give up!

Doodles

Reaction score
Sort Of. For Now.

I've become so obsessed with trying to get pregnant that it's pretty much stopped my life. It feels like Doodles is having to compete for my attention against a sibling that doesn't even exist yet, and that just seems incredibly selfish (on my part) to me. Plus, he's just starting to learn new things, for instance today he helped me to make pink milk & porridge & I was so overwhelmed with pride I started crying. I don't know if I want to share that with another child yet. And there are so many things I want to do in the next couple of years.

So, we're not going to try anymore but we're also not going to prevent as, despite everything I've just written, I know that any child that comes into our family is going to be a welcome and loved addition, maybe once Doodles has gone to school and we've done everything we need to do (particularly clearing all of our debts) we'll actively start trying again, who knows we may have already had our sticky by then, but we'll just have to wait and see x

(p.s I'm not leaving, so this isn't a goodbye thread x)

Aww sounds like a great plan Hun and Doodles sounds adorable, enjoy him and you'll get a surprise bean soon enough!

Good Luck.

xx

LOL, I often try to do that, it never works for me though. I hope you have better luck and it might be exactly what you need to get it x

I think that waiting to have a second child is/was the best decision we ever could have made. We actually waited this long as we couldn't afford two lots of childcare fees but I really feel it has benefited us all no end. Lennon is such a lovely, rounded, sensitive, kind, sharing little boy - his teachers say there are arguments over who wants to play with him at breaks as he is so popular - and I really feel that it has been down to us being able to dedicate all our time and love to him (but not in a spoiled way iygwim?). And now, he's at a lovely age where he'll be able to help out and hold the baby and feed it and get really involved and truly feel like the 'big brother' that he will be. And, if I can't do something for him straight away cos the baby needs something then I can explain to him that he'll need to wait and he'll understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back