• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I finished work on Christmas Eve

valleygirl24

Reaction score
without knowing it was my final shift. Today I rang Human Resources as Im off sick and going back to work for 1 shift before taking all my accrued holidays, my stepdad seemed to think I needed to be back at least 2 days before being allowed holidays so I was checking this out with them. The lovely woman in charge down there rang my boss and has organised the final shift off for me, I can cover half of the shift with the holiday entitlements Ive got and boss is allowing me to just take the rest of the night off. Apparently I can get a sick paper for the shift if I want but I dont see the point in wasting a doc appointment for the sake of about £5-10 (3 hours SSP).

So Im now off until December!!!!

Yay! How exciting! I stopped for my maternity leave early too. I was sick one day about the middle of Dec & went home not realising that would be the last time I would be there till Sept. Went to docs & I had an infection and I was a bit anaemic. My work have been really horrible about letting me take breaks etc (we weren't allowed to get up to walk about or get drinks & were only allowed to go to the toilet if we really, really needed it!!!!) so the doc insisted on signing me off right up to my maternity leave, which officially started on 1st Jan.

So nice to be off, but a bit sad that I didn't get to say goodbye properly. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back