I feel so sad :0( *A Bit Long*

Emmylou

Reaction score
As some of you know I work in lettings, one of our landlords has had an apartment repossessed today - his tenant has been paying the rent on time every month, we've paid it to the landlord, but he hasn't been paying his mortgage :evil:

Well, the bailiffs turned up at the apartment today and booted the tenants out, there was one of them in (asleep) and my DH had to go wake him, explain what was happening, and that he had just 10 minutes to gather his belongings together :(

His flatmate was out, and so he had to get home and DH had to beg the sales agent who has taken the new keys (to sell the flat on for the mortgage company) to allow them back in this afternoon (they granted a 90 minute visit) to collect more belongings.

We have managed to find them a new flat to move into, but they were crying (two grown men), they are in the office now, I can hear them on the CCTV saying they feel like they're living a nightmare :cry: :cry:

How awful, to wake up and just be given 10 minutes to get some stuff together before the locks are changed - and through NO FAULT of their own :x :(

There was apparently a letter about it - but the guys never received it :(

This is the saddest I have ever felt in this job :cry:

kirlykird said:
Feel very sorry for them, it must be awful :(

I know, I've been feeling really sad all afternoon, I know I mentioned it to you earlier, but they are in the office, and I feel really low for them, they look broken :cry:

It must be awful to just suddenly find out that you have to leave your home & in such a rush too! :(

Minxy said:
Aw no :(

Did they get all their stuff?

No :( They got a good bulk of it (its in the boot of DHs car, and a friends car), they have to put a request in to be allowed to re-enter next week, but even thats not guaranteed :|

I feel like its such an injustice!! They are owed rent and everything, and will have to take the landlord to court to try to get it back.......its just all wrong!! :shakehead:

Thats terrible, surely they have rights to get their belongings? :think:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Thats terrible, surely they have rights to get their belongings? :think:

They only have the right to get their belongings with the permission of the mortgage company because the locks have been changed and the sales agents are the only ones with the keys.

They have booked a 'viewing' at the property next week, so that an agent goes with them and they can collect more stuff.....I might tell them to take whatever they can even if its the landlord stuff :shhh:

how awful, I really feel for them
Emma sounds like you are doing all you can though hun :hug: :hug:

Its awful that one person can cause so much misery :evil: I hope the tenants can look back one day and laugh about it.

I remember a tenant who was evicted. He wasnt in that morning but never told his girlfriend, the poor girl opened the door to bailifs who told her she was being evicted there and then. She had loads of ferrets and had to try and get friends and family to take them while the locks were being changed. But because it was me I gave them an extra day to get all their belongings out. I hope she punched her boyfriends feckin lights out :lol:

Poor men!! Your home is somewhere you feel safe and secure and for this to happen must be really hard for them and to not even be allowed to get all their stuff when they had done nothing wrong! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back