I feel really sad

Babylicious

Reaction score
I'll start from the beginning, Sean and his dad used to have a great relationship and has always got on with his step mum who has been married to his dad for over 18 years. She has two grown up children who both have 2 children of their own, Sean's dad has two children, his sis had 3 kids and we have 2.

Sean was always close with his dad but for about 3 years now his dad hasn't been bothered with him and I think it's all her. She spends all of her time with her son and his family (they are pretty well off so have paid for deluxe holidays for them, treat them constantly). Anyhow FIL seemed over the moon when we found our Harrison was a boy, but he's seen him twice since he's been born and he's almost 9 1/2 months old. Everytime we have been round in the last 3 years Step Mum has gone out even when it has been christmas and Paris had made them cards etc. FIL would always make excuses for her. Each time he has seen the kids he's given them money which I think it's because he feels guilty because he never sees them. He never phones us, we always phone him. When he was ill we offered to drive step mum to hospital, take her shopping etc and all she could say was I was rather you didn't visit when me or my son & family are going as it's too crowded (bearing in mind she went to portugal on holiday leaving fil in hospital so we went and took him juice/food/papers etc!)

So last week Sean phoned them to see how they were getting on and they said oh we'll come and see you on sunday and bring the kids xmas presents, so we stayed in and then got a call an hour before they should have been here to say they weren't coming as they couldn't tie it in with a visit with sean's sis (as she had gone out with mil) so they would come next week as they had arranged to go to sil then! So sean said we are taking kids to see santa then and his dad said well I'm busy at the moment so sunday or nothing!!

I've had enough and so has sean, why are our kids treat as second rate citizens and her family spoiled with attention. it's sad because when he last saw harrison he was smiling and laughing at his grandad and really loving spending time with him. Paris can't understand why she doesn't see them. it's gone on for so long now that I don't want them here :( why buy them christmas presents when you there's no love or thought gone into it :( Plus it' not as if they have grandparents on my side :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
it really is there loss, you have 2 beautiful children who dont need for anything they get all the love from you
i know its really sad, i know how you feel, my oh's family favour the other kids over jack
it really f***s me off, my dad can only come and see jack for 10mins here and there
because his floozy doesnt like me dont know why, so he calls on his way to the shop or on his
way home from work, id rather he didnt bother at all to be honest. :hug: :hug: i know its hard but f**k them

Aww hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: how miserable can it get, eh? I am so sorry...your poor kids dont deserve this and neither do you. Maybe Sean should sit down with his dad, just the two of them and he should tell his dad how he/you and the kids feel. It may not/ is unlikely to solve anything, but at least Sean could get it off his chest in a calm way and it is out in the open.

Lisa

Oh hun...... Its so sad... Just giving you loads of hugs :hug:

I totally understand where you are coming from. My OH's mum and dad have split up and his dad is now with another woman. My Oh's dad has only just come to visit ollie (last night) but i think thats only because his sister had a go at him and said it was disgusting. I know it really got to my OH as they have lots to do with his dads partners grandchildren.

I reakon its a case of a weak man being dominated by a jelious woman. As the others have said sod 'em. Im sure your Lo's have more than enough love from you and your friends.

Claire x

nori said:
I reakon its a case of a weak man being dominated by a jelious woman. As the others have said sod 'em. Im sure your Lo's have more than enough love from you and your friends.

Claire x

Do you know what! You are spot on. Sean's taking their presents over tonight and collecting the ones for the kids. I'm considering asking them not to buy us or the kids in future as the kids don't really know who they are!!!

oh no that is really sad :(

i wish i had some advice for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back