I dunno what to title this as..

Foxxi

Reaction score
Fynn has 3 meals a day and has started having stage 2 food as of the other day... he has 2 bottles a day aswell, one on the morning and one before bed. We have no problems from him and is satisfied with what he is having.

He is on SMA Gold, always has been and has no problems with it... my question is, do I need to change his milk to anything else?

My friend has a baby who is 7weeks older than Fynn... and a couple of months ago (when her baby was just a little younger than Fynn now) She said that she couldnt wait for when her baby was 6 months old, so she could change her milk onto the next stage one! I didnt realise there was a 'next stage milk'. :think:

I havent seen my friend for ages, otherwise I would ask her about this... can anyone advise... Thanx x

I used C+G Comfort and the next stage was recommended fom 6 months plus, which I think is pretty standard. The formualtion has a different balance of ingredients to suit your developing tot better, I remember it seemed a bit thicker :think:

Check out the packet or this link, which suggests SMA 'Progress'

http://www.smanutrition.co.uk/Home/plan ... eding.aspx

Yeh we changed on to SMA Progress at 6mths for Arianna, it has more iron in it as their own "stored" iron levels start to decrease at the 6mths mark.

When we switched to it Arianna had a sore tummy for a week on it, having difficulty doing a number 2, but the HV said it was normal with the extra iron and she came fine again.

To save it happening, maybe give him extra drinks of water to "runny" things up; so to speak ;)

Thats what my mate musta been on about....

Thanx girls :hug: ...im glad I asked now.. I need some more milk and was gonna just get the normal sma gold tomorra.. think i'll get the progress one now. Thanx for the link too.

Oh and I think I posted this in the wrong section.. I just realised it maybe shoulda been in the ofood section bit :oops: Sorry

Foxxi said:
Oh and I think I posted this in the wrong section.. I just realised it maybe shoulda been in the ofood section bit :oops: Sorry

Moved for you :)

if your baby is doing fine on the milk he is on now dont change him just because your friend has.. the sma gold is there for birth to 12 months.. keep him on it.. you vcan get vitamine drops off dr if your worried

We just changed to SMA progress a couple of weeks ago. I spoke to my HV about it and she said well you don't need to change, but i was concerned about the iron levels.
What i did was gradually put her on the different milk, so at first she had 1 bottle a day of it then after another couple of days had 2 bottles and then after another of days she was having it completely.(She currently wants 3 bottles a day.)She did have a little tummy ache but that soon cleared.
P.S. I got a few tins in from Boots cos it was a £1 off but offer might be at other places too. :hug: :hug:

We've just changed to SMA Progress, as I wanted my Lo to be able to get enough nutrients without having to drink loads of SMA Gold as this would affect her appetite. She had no problems changing over.

I kept Dan on SMA gold until a year and then swapped to SMA Progress. I spoke to my HV regarding iron levels too but was reassured. Alot of cerals are iron-fortified now and I just make sure Dan has a good balance of iron rich foods.

Misslarue said:
I kept Dan on SMA gold until a year and then swapped to SMA Progress. I spoke to my HV regarding iron levels too but was reassured. Alot of cerals are iron-fortified now and I just make sure Dan has a good balance of iron rich foods.

exactly what i do also.

xxxxx

Thanx for the replies..

Im gonna try him on the Progress.. just to see how he gets on.. I can only try it.. I would hate to think I wasn't giving him what he needed.. If theres any problems i'll go back to the gold and get some iron drops from the doctor!

Im glad I asked now.... I didnt have a clue about the progress milk! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back