• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I can't stop crying - all just got on top of me

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys

my other half just called and I burst into tears, he asked me what I had done today...

what could I say...

I had a few hours sleep, broken with painful braxton hicks, heartburn.

I got up and felt too tired to do anything but then can't get comfy to relax so have just mooched, I have leg cramps and nausea which I have relieved by eating lots of choc and malted milk biscuits (p.s I can't stop eating chocolate even though I know it is bad for me and baby).

I am scared, scared of being induced but also scared of the changes all this is going to bring. Me and OH have had problems in the past and we have worked through them (over 10 years) but this will be our biggest challenge yet.

with the tiredness and hormones I just can't stop crying.

Also, the braxton hicks are now a minute long and quite regular but I am crying about that too because I know they are not real and they will subside just like they always do.

Sorry girls, just had to get this out...xxx

Here have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor you. Its natural to feel like this and you're right the hormones do not help. I don't know what else to say other than keep focussed on holding that beautiful little bundle of yours, it won't be long for you now and once she's here all these feelings will long be forgotten.

Don't worry about not doing anything. You're 40 weeks pregnant! I find it really hard just getting out of bed these days! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've been feeling sick and had backache all morning too. It's horrible being in pain with nothing to show for it.

At least it's almost over, you'll be holding Mhairi before you know it.
I'm sure you and your OH will cope just fine with the changes, you'll both be so happy to have your little girl :D

aww hun
i had a bad day yesterday with it being my due date and not being a mum
it is really heartbreaking
have some hugs and i hope you feel better soon
:hug: :hug:
manda xx

:hug: :hug:

If you are tired and don't feel like doing anything don't beat yourself up about it. Take it from me rest and relax if you can while you can. I felt like you a couple of weeks ago it will pass. :hug: :hug:

:cry: :cry: GINNY! MY FRUSTRATED FRIEND!! :cry: :hug:

Rubbish isn't it? And the worst thing is that it comes and goes. I cried nearly all day yesterday and yet today the sun's come out and I've sat outside with the cats and I feel a bit better.

Well, until my Grandma rang and went "ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE HAVING A BABY? GET ON WITH IT THEN!" really aggressively to my husband twice!!!! Silly cow :rotfl:

Try not to think about being induced, and even if you are theres nothing to be scared about. You will be in hospital where they know what they are doing and you will be able to meet your LO.

Being a parent is a huge change and its good that you can talk to your OH about things, thats whats going to help you both through the next chapter of your life as a family. Remember he might be feeling the same way too so talk things through if you have anything on your mind.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You've got quite a while before you'll be induced- I'm sure she'll come on her own before then :)

I'm not aiming for my due date now- but 10 days later... that way I won't be disappointed when it comes and goes... it must be REALLY frustrating.

:wave: We're always here to keep you company!

thanks girls

got a nice text from my mum too, had a sleep and read your messages and feel a bit better

mm- yes pain and nothing to show for it.

Oh I have got to the point where I can only sleep on my left side, this means i get such bad hip pain and back pain on that side, when I turn to my right it is like a horrible big cramp starts and all my organs feel squished, anyone else get this, how do you guys sleep.

Yes, just having a bad day and will try and make the most of it....I know it wil be frantic when baby is here.
xx

Manda
--yeah maybe harder because it is my due date and I'm not a mum

infoabumpyride /charlie
--- i have read some awful stories about being induced and friends have scared me a bit, they are more likely to give you an epidural if you are induced though I think, which is good.

Ginnymarie said:
infoabumpyride /charlie
--- i have read some awful stories about being induced and friends have scared me a bit, they are more likely to give you an epidural if you are induced though I think, which is good.

:wink: I'm really looking forward to my Epi! I'm no hero! :shakehead:

I'm not too worried about induction itself as there are always drugs if it gets too bad. I'm a bit worried about having to go to hospital though cos I've never visited the maternity facilities before, and I hate hospitals anyway.

I'm at the stage now thogh where I'm so fed up I don't care too much how he gets out, even a c-section would do!

he he

yes, I know what you mean.

At least I get to see midwife tommorw and she can assess the situation, bet these braxtons are not doing anything.

If I could be bothered to nest or clean it would be easier yet I am restless and exhausted at the same time. Getting terrible leg cramps
anyone else ?
x

Ginnymarie said:

I don't understand why people have horror stories about induction? I was induced and had no problem, I'm just intrigued, what's supposed to be bad about it?

I am tired and restless, and my legs are doing my head in. Keep getting trapped nerves in them too.

I tried to watch tv earlier but had to give up and have a nap instead cos I couldn't keep my eyes open. Have no attention span at the moment, just feel in limbo. Really not enjoying being pregnant anymore.

jools02 said:
Ginnymarie said:

I don't understand why people have horror stories about induction? I was induced and had no problem, I'm just intrigued, what's supposed to be bad about it?
Induction before the body is ready can lead to a longer labour and more likely intervention just cos the body is not ready to labour yet - this is much more likely when being induced early for reasons like preeclampsia than for being overdue as in the latter your body would be gearing up for labour soon anyway :)

I am struggling with the sleep issue too - cant get comfy sitting in the evening so go to bed then the heartburn starts - just wish it was all over but now my youngest has chickenpox I also want to wait a few days to make the house a safer place for her :)

I have a stretch adn sweep booked for next Wed - worked the last 2 times so hopefully only a week to go max :)

Hello

a few people have talked about induction being stronger cramps etc... again a few people have scared me about back to back labours....I do realise every birth is different and I try not to listen and focus on they fact that it is what our bodies are meant to do.

Oh no nikki, being pregnant and having a poorly wee one must be tough
x

Ginnymarie said:
Hello

a few people have talked about induction being stronger cramps etc... again a few people have scared me about back to back labours....

It really annoys me when women do this and try and scare you. I was induced AND had a back to back labour with no gas and air and a failed epidural = i.e no pain relief, and I can assure you I am the biggest wimp when it comes to pain. I had a 7 hour labour and baby was fine. Yes it hurts but like you say its what we are made to do. When the time comes you'll cope. Don't let people scare you hun. :hug:

Ginnymarie said:
Hello

a few people have talked about induction being stronger cramps etc... again a few people have scared me about back to back labours....I do realise every birth is different and I try not to listen and focus on they fact that it is what our bodies are meant to do.

Oh no nikki, being pregnant and having a poorly wee one must be tough
x

I hope u dont mean me hun, I really hope I havent scared you :eek: I was induced plus I wasnt dilating well therefore had a long labour... I never wanted to scare you I just answered your questions as you wanted me to be honest. :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ohhhh no happy chick

no-one on forum....everyone on here is honest but also positive and not scare mongering at all

mainly my neighbour and a girl at my work...

my neighbour told me she was screaming the wards down and other stuff I won't go into, the girl at my work was telling me all about going into shock etc....you have never scared me hun, you always put it in an honest way...I have certain fears and certain things that don't scare me..it is weird. I guess what will be will be....jo - you have been nothing but supportive and inspiriational to me and to all of us...
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back