I am so shocked to be here!

angelae

Reaction score
Hello, I have just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant.

This has come as a total shock. I have 2 childen aged 14 and 9 so thought (and intended) I'd finished. After my daughter was born I had an IUD.

7 Weeks ago my mum died very suddenly. When my period was a few days late I thought it was down to the shock/stress.

I did a pregnancy test last Saturday to find it positive. Well you could have floored me! :shock:

Anyway, now I have got over the shock I am ok with the idea of starting again after 9 years but still have to talk hubby round!

I would like a home birth as I hated the hospital with the other 2 especially with my daughter when I was on the Domino scheme and gave birth a midnight, but wasn't allowed home until 3pm the following afternoon. Something to do with having to wait until a GP from the local surgery could check out my daughter. As she was fine I didn't expect that.

Anyway, I haven't booked in with the midwife yet and spoken to her but I am now concerned that my being overweight is going to lead to problems in being allowed to have a homebirth. We shall wait and see! :pray:

Hello to all anyway!
Angela.

Hiya!

Welcome and congrats!

I bet your older 2 are over the moon!

Thanks Urchin!

I haven't told them yet.

I don't think my daughter is going to be too keen. She is very much a mummys' girl and I doubt she will be too happy at first to share although. she is of course. old enough to understand that any new baby will not take her place.

My son lives in his own teenage world and only emerges from his xbox and room for food and school so I doubt very much he would notice an extra one around! :D

I'll tell them when/if hubby agrees to keep it (he is still quite shocked!) then run and hide from the fall out! :lol:

Aww I'm sure your hubby will come round, it's a big shock for a bloke, especially after 9 years!

Congratulations, the forum is lovely, some great people here. Looks like we will be due at very similar times!

Hiya Angela

Congratulations on your pregnancy and
welcome2.gif
to the forum!

Wow I can imagine how shocked you must have been to find out you were pregnant. Hope your hubby gets over the shock ASAP so you can both start to really enjoy your pregnancy. Really hope you get the home birth you want.

happy20920mnths.jpg

Hi
goodluck with your pregnancy!

em

x

hi congrats on your pg i have a big age gap to kieron 14 and hannah 8 months pm me if you want to talk

hi & welcome to angela.

congratulations on your shock pregnancy!! i too thought our family was complete, although i would have liked more money & not enough bedrooms decided that we should stop.
we have a 9 yr old girl, a 4 yr old son & my hubbie has a 13 yr old son who has lived with us since he was 7 yrs.

so i have a full house already!! (i am 29) we tried for nearly 2 yrs to concieve our son, so i thought we would never have an accident ( although a very happy one)

i got the shock of my life too when in early january i did a test to shut my b.friend up & it came back positive!! OMG , we were all in shock.

my daughter who is 9 had always said 'if you have any more mum i'm moving out!!' so i dreaded telling her, but now shes over the moon & kisses my belly & talks to the baby.

sorry to go on, but i think we are in quite similar circumstances & i want to say that what ever you decide its yours & your familys decision, but i believe i got pregnant for a reason & it must be meant to be!!

good luck :dance:

I am so so sorry for your loss, you must be having a tough time of it at the mo, two big life changing events one incredibly sad and the other one that in other circumstances could be a very happy one. I lost my Nan last year she pretty much brought me up and losing her was the worst thing that has ever happened to me, I have been lost without her, she is the one person who would have really helped me through this pregnancy. I was told I probably wouldn't be able to concieve naturally, so it was a big shock to discover I was pregnant, it took me a few months to get used to it as I had been shaping my life to suit my situation, the baby scared me as my priorties changed overnight and I didn't know if it was for me, luckily my partner was overjoyed and that aided my decision, I was very lucky. Seven months on I'm awaiting the arrival of bump and I now feel that my Nan moving on has left room in my heart for me to love this little one, I loved the dotty old bird so much and amazingly love this bump with the same ferocity, I'm just sorry she won't get to meet her great grandchild. Most importantly I have no regrets, just lots of future memories! It must be difficult if your husband is unsure, but remember situations change and time heals and as you will probably remember from the first time round, babies weave a spell over you and you will always cope if you have to, it just takes a little time to adjust, he'll soon realise this.

Sorry if I have gone on, I just feel for you and good luck for the future, you deserve it!

Kat x

Wow, what a shock that must have been!!! :shock: Congratulations!

I also have a big age gap, my daughter is 13, but we were trying for this one so it wasn't a big shock.

I also wanted to say how sorry I am that you have lost your mum. :( This must be a really difficult time for you, but you do sound really excited about a third child. Fingers crossed your hubby will come round soon.

Hi Angela,

I am so sorry for your loss, I too lost my Mum on Boxing Day we were very close and it is not easy is it!

Congratulations on your pregnancy hun, I am sure your hubby will come round especially if he see's how much this means to you at this time, and the baby bump will bring you both lots of fun and love for the future - he will get there, maybe he is just more worried about how you are with the loss of your Mum, with it being so recent?

Take care

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Tam x

Hey Foxymum... Great scan pic

I have my dating scan in bout weeks time i'm so excited, can't wait. :dance:

Welcome to the forum Angelae. I hope by now your hubby has come round. Let us know how you are. What ever is decided I'm sure everyone will agree we are all here for support.

Best of luck

X X X Snowbunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back