I am annoyed with hospital

flopsybunny

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I had to go into the hospital with spotting. It was a great panic and I can't remember if I posted on here or not about it. Anyway, when I went in for monitorinng yesterday ( had only felt a couple of little movements all day and was worried) the MW asked me about the time I had been in with the spotting. Apparently the MW that saw me that day should have given me another anti-d injection because bleeding can be a 'sensitising event' and she didn't! She didn't even offer one! So I had to have a blood test yesterday (I am phobic) and it hurt and bled and bled after - I have a horrible deep purple line across my arm where the needle went in and have to wait for results now to see if I have developed antibodies. Not impressed!! Baby was fine on the monitor though thank god. Although it started beeping when she told me I had to have a blood test, I thought there was something wrong with baby but it was my heartrate going through the roof!! Lol!

Sorry for long pointless rant!

Xx

Oh no hope you're ok hun. I'm not needle phobic but I do bruise easily! My 1st blood test at 12 weeks left me with a 3 inch bruise down my arm but the needle didn't hurt at all. My second one didn't bruise but the strap wasn't very tight so maybe thats why? But my Anti-D injection stung so much! Luckily i'm too stubborn to show when i'm in pain so I kept quiet! lol

My MW said that I could've already developed antibodies even before the injection but they give the injection anyway for precaution. I never knew they could give you another jab so close together, I was told i'd probably have another one once baby's born. x

I was given the anti-d at 26 weeks instead of 28 because of my phobia - got my 28 week bloods, anti-d and GTT out the way on one day! But because there was a slight risk that the spotting could mean babys blood and mine could mix they give another anti-d apparently. I didn't know that before.

Xx

Thats rubbish that you had to have that done when the MW at the hospital should have done it. I don't think I have had an anti-d injection. I did have my bloods taken at 28 weeks. xx

Hey, so sorry. I am finding MW services are actually quite poor; and since my first mw left at the beginning of my pregnancy I have not known where I am to be honest, and am finding I am seeing different ones all the time which are asking me the same questions...

Makes you wonder eh; women have been having babies for thousands of years without healthcare provisions...

'Tis but a pain in the arse really' ... hope you get sorted chick xx

You learn something new everyday as they say! As long as both of you are ok, thats all that matters :)

I'm so lucky coz my MW is fab! She usually has a student with her because she's very senior apparantly but even the students are lovely! I bet I get a right old cow for the delivery and after care! lol x

my midwife in community is great, but hospital have alot to answer to they just not as personnal and dont know you as well, so dont even look out for things that your community midwife would. I'm not suprised your annoyed at hospital i hope everyhting is ok and get you sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back