HV / paed rant

tracyM

Reaction score
The health visitor and paediatrician are really starting to piss me off now - Alex is stuck in the middle of their egos.

We went to see paed on Friday for a review after 1 week on his meds. The week before she had put him on everything possible after having a moan that with the family history, HV should have got a referal sooner. He's not as bad as the older boys or my brother were, seemed like she was doing it to 'prove a point' to the HV - she looked through Callum's old notes and prescribed whatever he was on. On Friday, she changed him back onto WySoy

This morning, HV comes round to the house wondering why I didn't take him to get weighed at clinic yesterday. I told her he'd only been weighed on Friday so didn't see the point and that I'd take him to clinic next week - oh no, not good enough, she goes and gets her scales out of the car and wants him weighed. This is half an hour after a bottle, so the jiggling of getting him undressed makes him chuck everywhere - which of course means she was right not referring us, because whatever the paed has done hasn't worked!! Then she tells me that Soya is no longer recommended, that the paed should know better, and rang up the GP to make an appointment to get it changed to lactose free (Stu finds it funny that she did at least ask permission to use the phone). He was on WySoy from birth to 4 weeks and she didn't bother to tell us it wasn't recommended then.

I really feel like telling both of them where to go :roll: :cry: I'm normally pretty strong at pushing for help, but they're wearing me out with their pettiness.

tracy xx

i'm very anti MV's and HV's - we had so much conflicting advice we did tell them that we would call THEM if we needed them. and they have now left us alone!
Even though when i went to get him well - she asked if every thing was ok at home and pointed out the domestic violence number at the back of ewans progess book :shock:
My husband was quite firm in telling them that we didn't want their advice - he was concerned about me - and they were stressing me out being a new mum. so i got on with it my self!!

Hi

What really pisses me off about them is the way they seem very anti men. They are so rude to Jarrod whenever they see him. In the hospital after Isaac was born one of the midwives was so rude to Jarrod. I asked Jarrod a question about Isaac (because Jarrod was looking after him while I recovered) she totally ignored Jarrod and butted in to answer my question. I told her to be quiet and that I was actually speaking to Jarrod, not her! She looked very embarrassed lol

Its weird because the midwives and nurses and doctors that were with me when I was giving birth were all lovely! It just the ones after that are horrible.

Lou :)

lou,
Stuart is officially the kids main carer because I work more hours than him but he's refused to go to HV with Alex. She made him feel so pathetic and useless when he took Callum - very much 'you don't know anything cos you're a man'. He may do stuff differently to me, but he's perfectly capable of taking them to get weighed and the odd injection. She is the ONLY person that ever made us feel bad about me being the main bread winner

hypnorm
I think they get off on finding someone with problems - wonder if they get paid commission on how many social services referals they get? :wink: . This morning she turned up at 10am just as I was starting work, and suspected my pre-occupation with the phone ringing every five minutes, and my eagerness to get back to work is a symptom of PND - arghhhhhhhh

Tracy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back