hurting :(

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
Im nearing 19 weeks an im so uncomftable with trying to sleep it hurts, i cant sleep on my sides cos it flippin kills my stomach :( and when i lie on my back i have to sleep on it all night so i wake up with it really hurting me when i get up this morning twice i woke in the night.

Im so used to sleeping on my side and used to be comfy now i cant be,
1. is this normal at 18 an half weeks and 2. will get better ?
not even felt proper kicks yet so for it to hurt me on my sides does this mean im hurting the baby :eh:midwife wont help me nor will my gp.

just wonderd if anyones had or got the same prob as me :( ?

thanks for reading x

Also when i sit down it hurts from the belly underneath :mad:

Oh honey i know how you feel it can be a right arse

the sleep thing, all i have managed to do is use a pillow to prop underneath my bump to stop it from pulling down, i also have a pillow between my legs to keep them a little bit apart when i am on my side

I roll around alot though during the night, constantly changing posistions because nothing is truelly comfy :(

If i am on my back i have a pillow under my thighs, so my knees bend slightly but dont put pressure on the bottom of my back, mostly i just roll about through the night with my multitude of pillows and get comfy(ish)

Also i have found that sleeping alone is much more comfortable, so Liam has one quarter of our kingsized bed and he knows it

if i start getting more uncomfy i will be removing him to the sofa!!

Best of luck with it, just play around with some pillows and posistions and i am sure you and the bump will work something out :D xxx

Thanks hun but ive been thinking even if i put a pillow there it wouldnt help because i cant pysically turn on my side :( so i have no choice but to stay on my back when i sleep. im starting to wonder if i can sleep on belly or not?
I just dont know whats going on with me tummy at the moment grr lolx

Oh the joys of pregnancy! I find it easier to sleep on my own too now i'm sleeping so lighty hubby driving me maad plus those toilet trips! Trying to lie on left side as thats supposed to be best and have taken to sleeping on the sofa as you kind of sink into mine and it has support for my back too, which is playing up. You should defo try pillows batween legs i know i have just started doing this again and it has made all the difference. Hope you get comfy soon x

Thanks me to will av to try an get some new pillows as only got 1 :( lolx

I went to a physio antenatal class a few weeks back and they were discussing pillow arrangements. The physios suggestion was to have a pillow running along your body close in under your bump, one or two (whatever is more comfy) between your legs, and get your OH to wedge another pillow running down your back. Do you know the recovery position? She said the best position to avoid stress on your hips is to have the top leg bent to a right angle, and the other a bit straighter, with your hips very slightly turned in to the bed. You can then turn the top half of your body as if you were going to lie on your back, but obviously just comfortably, not actually lying on your back because you're not a contortionist! And if you don't have extra pillows, try using rolled up blankets, duvets or towels!

She was also saying that you will know when not to lie on your tummy as it won't be comfy, and lying on your back, or either side is OK until baby gets a bit bigger when it is more likely to affect circulation.
If you are feeling pain low down in your pelvis, over your pubic bone then speak to your midwife, although the sleeping position is still the same recommended by my Physio at 1:1 appointment for pelvic pain.
Hope this helps! I thought being up twice a night was good going, I'm up at least 5-6 times, and constantly rearranging myself. It's not easy though!!

Last edited:
Think its only just started for me tho :( with gettin up in the night i tried slowly doing the leg thing ive even tried slowly tryin to lay on me hip but its not the pelvic bone that hurts its the whole of my belly around the top.
if nothing works tonight im guna sleep sitting up haha no literally lol!!
guna try taking the cushions up tonight until i can find some pillows or something. im guna av bad night tonight. wish me luck lolx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back