HUNGRY BABY

Ani

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions to satisfy a very hungry baby (being bottlefed)? He is already taking 30 ml more than the recommended amount on the tin per bottle, and he takes 7 or 8 bottles per day rather than the recommended 6.

I was told to give him a thing called Blevit Digest (dextrose, camomile and fennel) which he loves but I think it doesnt agree with him. Please help. He just seems to be rooting for food all day and it breaks my heart... :wall:

Have you tried Aptimal Hungry Baby formula?

How heavy was he at birth..... are you sure he's rooting for hunger or for comfort?

L xx

How much are you giving him a feed?

Personally don't follow the tub - do what you think is right. Maybe make up another oz and see how he goes ;)

Try that before you move him onto hungry baby stuff

Babies don't follow tins if your babies hungry i'd just give him more :hug:

Dnt religeously follow the tin- your the mum and you know best :hug:

You could try a soother if you are willing, just incase thats what he's really after. They have a strong sucking reflex that they crave to satisfy and sometimes this is all they want :) Or he could be a tad thirsty, although im just talking about a small amount of water :) x

Otherwise hun, if he really is just hungry try giving him more at a sitting rather than lots of sittings, to avoid his getting "clogged/bloated" :D xx

I'd not go over to hungry baby while still so young. Increase his formula a little . Also as has been said he may be wanting to comfort suck or you could be hitting a growth spurt and he will want more milk during it

Ani said:
I was told to give him a thing called Blevit Digest (dextrose, camomile and fennel) which he loves but I think it doesnt agree with him. Please help. He just seems to be rooting for food all day and it breaks my heart... :wall:

Thats to stop them being colicky... not fill them up :)

There aren't any hungry milk's on the market here really... You could go to the farmacia and ask them if they do a more filling milk, but they will probably just give you something called papilla which is a form of baby rice/cereal, to put in the bottle with their feed... (yer I know its a no no in the UK but in Spain they don't believe the same :roll: )... if you live close to an Iceland, theres one just outside of Benidorm and one in Torrevieja, they have all the UK milks, but they are outrageously expensive.

but don't worry about what it says on the tin... thats just the "average" some babies take more others take less at a particular ages, and if he wants more, then make him more... he's probably just on a spurt and it will calm down eventually.

Lisamj said:
Have you tried Aptimal Hungry Baby formula?

How heavy was he at birth..... are you sure he's rooting for hunger or for comfort?

L xx

Hi! :) He was small - 2.8 kilos (a little over 6 pounds). I live in Spain and we dont have Hungry Baby formula here, unfortunately.

Bee said:
How much are you giving him a feed?

Personally don't follow the tub - do what you think is right. Maybe make up another oz and see how he goes ;)

Try that before you move him onto hungry baby stuff

I am giving him 120 ml at the moment.

Well, yesterday I took him off the Blevit and he drank 120 ml (normal amount) and a further 60 ml just after, and then he slept for 8 hours!! From 10 pm till 6 pm! Then today, he fed normally this morning, but this evening has fed every 2 hours twice. But when I work it out, he is only drinking one more bottle than the recommended amount in the 24 hours, it just seems a lot cos he is sleeping a lot at night.

So maybe I should stop worrying and be grateful for all the sleep I am getting. :D

Thank you so much for all the replies... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back