Hungry baby formula

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Firstly hello :wave:
haven't been on here for ages, didn't quite realise how much time being a mum took up!
Ted has been feeding happily on Aptimil 1 since he was about 2 weeks old (had problems bf) and he has always ate and slept very well, however recently he has started waking more at night and throwing up (with a proper 'sick' smell) he also doesn't finish his feeds like he used to, even though he still wants to be fed every 3 and a half hours or so.
I tried him on hungry baby Aptimil (number 2) when he was 12 weeks but he threw up (normal milky sick) quite a bit, so i chickened out and didn't persevere...do you think i should try it now? He is a very big baby - he was 9lb 4 born and is now 18lb - i'm wondering whether he is satisfied on the number 1 milk?
Is the transition from one milk to another hard? Does it take a while for them to adapt?
Any advice or experiences? :pray: :hug:

hello lady!!! Long time no speak! How are you and the little fella?

Sounds to me like Ted could be going through his 4 month growth spurt. Its probably the worst of thelot. Restless bubs...waking in night...eating lots and throwing up...I would say give it a week and if no better get him checked out or ask HV for advice.

Hope he settles soon. :hug:

p.s its J-Do1979 if didnt realise! i changed my user name after james was born and cantremember if u wre about then!

Cheers babe!! How are you...i bought your mag..how fab, you looked amazing!!!!!!!! I'm in the december issue - actually wanted to ask you, did you get your payment / photos before it was in the mag??? :hug:

Anyway, yes could be growth spurt hadn't thought of that, oh blimey, he's huge and tall as it is.. in 9-12 month clothes!!
Hmm, so should i try him on hungry baby or just try and ride it out?? :think:
Give james a huggy from me - he's a beaut! :hug:

HANG ON...... wt....i've just seen your ticker!!!!
OMG...congratulations hun..thats amazing news...oh bum, now i'm broody again!!! :hug: :hug: :cheer: :hug:

Hi Anna :wave:

We are having similar issues atm with an unsettled Charlie (who has always fed and slept well), don't know whether it is due to formula as he is still on stage 1 and maybe I should move him up :think: Or wonder if it could possibly be teeth or growth spurt like Jen said.

Not much help, but would be interested in replys.

Ted is gorgeous :hug:

huh huh! I didnt say anything on purpose to see if you would notice!! :D

Yeah it was a HUGE shock and completely unplanned but Im happy now (aside from the sickness, headaches, tiredness etc!!)

James was huge too (10lb 2oz) and i have had him on hungry baby from about 6 weeks. I found he was really unsettled about 4 months and it did settle down again without me having to change his diet but i started weaning him from about 12 weeks anyway due to his size and demand for food (hes now in 12 - 18 month clothing!).

He could also be teething too. :think: You know best yourself chick. If you think its hunger then i would give him extra hungry see how he gets on but maybe wait a few more days first see if he settles.

I got P&B money once final article had been finished and approved etc. I had to remind her though! Still havent had the pics though :think:

They are a bit slack eh? Oh congrats hun, thats good news (it really is) you will be fine!! :hug:

Fi!!!! How are ya? Charlie is also gorgeous hun - yeah teeth could be another thing... well i've just given him a 7oz of the hungry baby and he didn't seem to notice any difference - he actually ate it all, spewed a bit back, but not much, so fingers crossed!

I'll keep an eye on it :hug: :hug:

4 month growth spurt , ride it out hun ! its horrid but passes in about 2 weeks !

as for hungry baby forumla , i dont agree with it ( i know jen uses it ) but i personally think if baby is hungry , baby needs food , hungry forumla tricks baby into thinking its full , it had no extra calories etc in it . just my point of view tho :hug:

Gem & Leland said:
4 month growth spurt , ride it out hun ! its horrid but passes in about 2 weeks !

as for hungry baby forumla , i dont agree with it ( i know jen uses it ) but i personally think if baby is hungry , baby needs food , hungry forumla tricks baby into thinking its full , it had no extra calories etc in it . just my point of view tho :hug:

Sometimes though Gems, you just cant give a baby any more food!! I think hungry baby is a great option for babies who are too young to be weaned but take 8 or 9oz bottles every 2.5 to 3 hours. Thats why we put James on it. Otherwise he was just feeding all the time and would have ended up a proper little pudding! Im not really sure what there is to not agree with to be honest :think: Its just a solution to a problem faced by many mummies of very hungry babies. If it was bad for baby then it wouldnt have got through all the stringent checks etc that baby food has to go through in this country.

Not getting my arse out or anything :D Its just I dont understand why some people have a problem with it. It befuddles me!

hey i do understand ! its what lelands dietitian ( prem expert from bliss ) explains about it tricking babys into thinking there full , but i understand some babies are just piggies ! its not like ive got a small baby myself ! his on 3 meals and still would have 4-5 8oz bottles :rotfl: and beleive ive often looked at the tin and thought mmm maybe !!! but i dont think it should be used as a quick fix to a growth spurt (eg the dreaded 4 months one) , but in cases like your lil james i dont think you could have done anything else !

Oh I agree. Changing to any formula for a short period of time is never good for baby whether it be hungry baby or otherwise cos it can upset their little tummies so much.

hiya! good to see you. I'd wondered where you'd got to :D :hug:

I'm contemplating whether to change Logan onto Aptimal stage 2. He's 14 weeks now and is taking 8 oz every 2 hours! Every 4 hours at night. I was gonna wait a week or so to make sure that it's not a temporary thing due to a growth spurt.
I seem to do nothing but feed him constantly atm! He's feeding more on formula than he was on breastmilk, no wonder my body couldn't keep up!

When James was a baby the hungry baby formula was only used when really needed. I find it confusing now they call it stage 1 and 2. Does this mean it's a natural progression that they eventually end up on stage 2?
Like Gem I worry about the effect the hungry stuff has on their tums as it's harder to digest. I wonder if perhaps Logie wants the calories and it would be bad to put him on hungry :think:

yeah i do see your points, i will prob keep him on it now as its number 2 and it won't be long before weaning / follow up milk anyway....blimey another landmark reached! he's growing way too fast :shock:
hey mm!!!! :wave: logan is lovely :hug:

We are fine hun, so lovely to see you posting again :hug:

I spoke to the HV today and she said I should put Logan on hungry baby formula as he's been taking 8oz every 2ish hours for about a week now!

Evie moved onto SMA White about 3 weeks ago now- she was taking 7ozs every 2-3 hours. On the SMA white she is taking 7ozs every 3-4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back