How would you pronounce this ?? ..

A-la is soo much nicer and unique x

I immediately thought it would be pronounced A la...as in the letter 'A' with 'la' on the end. I didn't think Eye la as I'd assume that would be spelled Isla. Very pretty!

I would probably pronounce it like Isla is pronounced, but that might be because Isla is one of our girls names, so it's the first thing I hthought of x

I would pronounce it as A-La, just because I would assume you would spell Eye-La as Isla! But I love the name xx

One thing I would say is this. Don't give your child a name that can be pronounced multiple ways of its going to annoy when people get it wrong. The only reason I say this is that I work in a children's hospital and I can't tell you how many parents get annoyed when we shout the child's name out incorrectly. We tend to say it as its spelt a lot of the time and most of the time it's right but so many names now we aren't sure. I always wonder why they give their children exotic spellings (mostly of traditional names) and then get annoyed at us when we get it wrong!! x

If I was to think of how to spell the name A-la I would spell it Aela. The spelling Ayla or Aila could be mispronounced too easily IMO xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back