How will i know?

Toonlass

Reaction score
I know Lucas is my 3rd baby and you'd think i'd have a clue but he is so different from my other 2 in almost every way.

By 4 months my other sons were having some baby rice through the day because they were starving!! Having full bottles every 2 hours, waking in the night and generally miserable. I think it got to that point because i was trying my best to get them to wait until they were 4 months old.

Basically i want to know how recognise when Lucas will be ready to try some solid foods without it getting to a desperate point. I am in no hurry what so ever to wean him and right now he seems as happy as can be but what should i look out for?

He's never had hungry baby milk and he only has 5 x 6oz bottles in 24 hours and he doesn't always drink it all. He sleeps all night from 10pm till 7am (10pm bottle being a dream feed) xx

Hmmm, just try from six months with some rusk or something :)

He sounds perfectly fine and like an absolute angel :love:

I am more than happy to wait till 6 months but i just wanna know what signs (if any) to look out for that might tell me he's getting ready.

I fancied a change with the tickers, i also changed my avitar for the first time since i joined PF :yay: xx

you'll just know when the time comes! K was on baby rice at 11 weeks (she was proper greedy!!) but i knew E was nowhere near it then! i tried her at about 18 weeks i think, but she wasnt fussed and seemed to still have the tongue thrust reflex thing so i left it a bit! tried her again just before she was 6 months, cant really remember why tbh i think it just seemed right! she seemed quite grizzly all the time etc! was a nightmare at first tho, i'd forgotten what a ballache weaning is :lol:

thats why i'm in no hurry lol Its a right pain in the ass innit! I just dont want him getting to that unbearable point the other 2 did xx

Jack weaned at 6 months and we BLW'd he just started to take an intrest in food when we were eating and he helped himself to my apple, so I steamed some carrot strips for him to hold and the rest is history

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back