How to get keira off bed and morning bottles?

Mrs P

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Keira is 16 months old and only has a bottle of warm cows milk at 7am when she wakes and one with a rusk in at 7pm when she goes to bed. I dont want to stop giving her milk yet but i want to try and get her to drink it out of a cup rather that an avent bottle.

Ive tried giving it her in her usual juice cup but she refuses it, although i did only try once! Maybe i didnt persist enough............ :think:

Any ideas ladies?

Thanks for your time.

Amy xxxx

i didnt want to read a run, but my 2 1/2 year old still has a bottle at bed, my HV told me to try using them beaker spout avent do and put it on her normal bottle so it doesnt look much different.

16 months is still quite young, the risk of her not having any milk is quite high if you take them away, the only thing i would do is stop the rusk before bed coz it will rot her teeth, and try some new beakers instead of the bottle.. theres probably no need for ehr to have a bottle at 7am.. perhaps get her up and give her a special beaker or the morning but allow her bottle at night for a bit? then wean her off that before she is 2?

Hannah is 2 1/2 and still has a bottle of milk in a morning i wouldnt worry hun

Gabs still has a bottle for her milk too but she uses a cup for her water.

I am not worried though as I know she can drink from a cup :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back