How things change!!

kiki

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I found out a few weeks ago that I'm pregnant (first time). Which came as a huge surprise as I thought that I was being very careful. Have now calculated that I'm at 10 weeks at the moment. Funny how your whole life can change in a few minutes. From never really seriously thinking of having kids, I have now transformed in to quite a neurotic. Feeling like a crazy person, some days I almost convince myself that I am imagining the whole thing. My friends with kids say that it's completely normal. Any one else feeling the same?? No one ever told me it would be this scary :?

Good luck to everyone

Know how you feel! You'll find most of the mum's here were planning their families but I had the biggest surprise on Christmas Eve when I found out!

It does change everything, even more once you've a bump, you become so protective over it!

How long did it take you to get used to the idea (if you are??!!)

It didn't really seem real to me until the scan!

yep it's normal to feel a million different emotions.... you go throu the - do i know what i'm doing? TO feeling like the luckiest person alive... one day you'll be happy and think the world smells of roses THEN you'll be depressed and crying for no reason.. HORMONES... its normal and they do settle down a bit... i have the odd bad day now and again.. i'll worry if we'll have enough money, if i'll be able to cope putting the baby in a day nursery and going back to work after maternity leave, if i'll be able to cope with every day baby things.... but then most of the time i'm smilling and looking forward to the baby arriving...

x

Hi Kiki

It's totally normal to feel like this for the first weeks of a pregnancy, but when yoy have your first scan it will all be real then and the neurotic feelings will go.

course then the hormones kick in and they are a lot of fun.........

all the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy hunny

xxxxxxx

Some days I think I am getting used to the idea, then the next it doesn't feel real at all. I keep telling myself that surely I'll be fine, it's not like I'm 16 any more (almost 28 now..). I just really don't know anything about being pregnant.

That's why I was so shocked that I have to wait so long to speak to my GP (my first appointmen is on the 4th of May). There is so many things that you can't eat etc. that I found out from various web sites, so I hope I'm not doing anything thats to harmfull.

I still feel like that and ive known since i was just over 4 weeks lol

Believe me, there are times even now it doesn't feel real to me!

It really does all kick in at the scan, but the feelings of fear don't dissapate.

I'm 29 and still nervous as hell even though I'm sure it'll all be fine. I never thought I'd be a natural mother.

But there are girls on here who've had babies really young or in difficult circumstances and they're so inspiring. Makes you realise it can be done!

Take strength from the support offered here, relax a little and you'll start to enjoy it much more soon, I promise!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!!

Yes you will be neurotic, emotional, anxious, excited and scared sh*tless all in the same moment ... welcome to the world of pregnancy!!!

Sadly our hormones control us.. we do not control them so just go with the flow and warn your OH and friends, family, colleagues etc... they will hopefully understand... I just told everyone that I feel like I am permanently suffering from PMT but tenfold... very very extreme.

As for the anxiety.. as the others have said.. it does not disappear for a while but the scans and the symptoms certainly help to reassure you along the way... I suffered 3 m/c and now am 23 weeks gone.. gonna be 37 on Monday so am still very anxious that this may not all go to plan and that something will happen to my little one... just have to take each day as it comes and hope for the best..

Take care.. I am sure all will be fine.. and if you are concerned about anything.. we are all here to help xx

It's so nice to hear that I'm not so weird after all :D
This site is great, as only a few people know my news it's great to be able to tell someone!! I find it so hard not to tell anyone...

Hope you are all doing great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back