How soon can I wean Lucy?

Kat@girlracer

Reaction score
She's 10 weeks now & on hungry baby formula taking 6 ounces every 2 hours - she needs food!! :shock:

Please all say that I can start introducing food to her shortly as she's constantly hungry!!!

The WHO recommends that you dont start weaning until at the earliest 4 months as earilier than that there digestive system cant cope :think:. If i was you i'd ask my HV because 6oz every 2 hours of hungry baby milk seems a lot, maybe you can give her a spoon of baby rice a day to help satisfy her a little more. :D

The recomendation is 6 months now, talk to your HV, maybe it's just a growth spurt.

try putting an extra ounce in the bottle.
I must say i really struggled with weaning alfie because he was like your little gir; was constantly hungry. So after hed had his growth spurt at about 11/12 weeks i waited and still he was not content so i started him on a solid meal at 13 weeks and he was much better. he was defineately ready for it and i do think i kept him waiting but i did try as hard as i could not to introduce too early. have a word with HV but id try making a 7oz or 8oz bottle first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back