How often do you see your midwife in the last 10 weeks?

Amanda

Reaction score
I went to the midwife on Tuesday, and she said she doesn't need to see me again for another 4 weeks, so I'll be almost 37 weeks. This seems a really long time to me. Especially as LO is larger than normal, I have SPD, and my BP was up, although not really high.

Is this normal???

She also mentioned booking me an appointment with a consultant at the hospital to discuss birthing options because of my fear at having a vaginal birth without epidural now I have SPD, but said she wouldn't do this until my next appointment with her. Surely this may be too late? :?

I have an appointment today with the GP which is my 38 week one. I saw the MW at home at 36 weeks (as I am planning to have a home birth), I had a midwife appointment at 34 weeks previous to that. I think I saw the GP at 31 weeks (IIRC) It is in my diary at work and I finished yesterday so I am not 100% sure. In our practice they generally alternate between you seeing the midwife and seeing the GP for appointments. I don't know if I will be having another appointment after today.

tan

that does sound about right, after ur next app at 37 weeks she will see u everyweek after that. do u not have a doc app at 36 weeks??

:hug:

I've not seen my doctor at all through this pregnancy. Should I have done?

I see the doctor at 20 weeks and 36 weeks

but it could just be differnet areas i dont know hun

:hug:

I do think different areas do things differently.

It should be the same nationwide.

I see my MW every 4 weeks and then from 32 weeks it's every 2 weeks and then once a week from 36 weeks :D

I see my MW every 2 weeks, but its only so she can keep a close check on things because iv had quite a bad pregnancy, so im not sure how often you should see her, maybe give her a call if you think you should see her sonner or if you feel you would like to.

I don't have a MW at all - apparently our surgery isn't attached to any MW clinic (or whatever they're called). Since I was 28wks I've been seeing my GP ever 2 wks, must say they have been very good. But yes apparently it does vary from area to area.

Thanks, it does seem to be the area lottery again, or even the GP lottery. When I was pg with Kayleigh I was in the same village, but a different GP (he retired 10 years ago), and I saw the mw every 2 weeks after 32, and then every week after 36, so I sorta assumed this would be the same. That'll teach me to assume! :roll:

when i had my first baby nearly 9 years ago i was seen more often and recieved better care. Now it seems they don't care as much while you're pregnant or after you come home. Its a shame.

i havent seen my gp since i was 6 weeks :shock:

from 30 weeks i was seeing my midwife every 2 weeks from 36 weeks i was seeing her weekly. does definatly seem to differ from area to area :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back