• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how much movement should there be?

Fiona

Reaction score
Just wondering how much I should feel my baby moving at this stage... for a couple of days last week it seemed constant and quite strong kicks, yet this week I have only felt movement now and again ...... it is beginning to worry me slightly...

the only thing I can think is this week I have been running about like mad all week and maybe missed it (if that makes sence) but even at night when lying still there hasn't been much.

Checked my doppler this am and there is still a nice strong heartbeat there......... oh I just want this baby to be born !!!!!!!!!!

That makes sense, you do have days where they r really active and they must wear themselves out and have a couple of sleepy days. I think its so long as you feel 10 kicks a day. But as you said if you are running around you forget to feel!!

I have exactly the same pattern. One thing that always gets me worried is that if we go anywhere on a long car journey, baby goes sooooooo quiet. It's really hard getting to move then as it seems to love the sound of the car. Great for after it's born, but worrying beforehand. I'm sure your baby is fine, but its always a good idea to keep an eye on it.

Me too- he goes really quiet some days, but tends to save the big kicks for the minute my head is on a pillow. :lol: I think you're supposed to look for about 10 movements a day aren't you ??

Yes, the MW's at our parentcraft classes said that as soon as you start worrying about the baby not moving you should start to count to 10 movements. I'm sneaky sometimes and will have hot chocolate, or lie down, both of which seem to get it moving.

didn't realise you were meant to get 10 movements a day......

i'm not sure that I feel that many each day - I will have to start counting!

must admit that I am a bit worried about it

The fact that you've got a doppler and can hear h/b is the most reassuring...the 10 movements thing was put in place before we could check that(i've got one too :) ) It's such a worry tho' I know :hug:

What worked for me was lying on my side with a pillow under my bump after having eaten either something sweet or a drink and after about 10 minutes he would start to move, my midwife told me a movement is even a tiny flutter that you get so you tend not to notice them unless you are concentrating on it.

I have days where he's really quiet too and it's always worrying but my midwife said as long as you're getting 10 movements in 12 hours then that's fine.

This link is really helpful and there's a chart you can print off so you can monitor your movements.

L x

http://www.babykickalliance.org/kickCountChart.asp

my boy likes football already!! :shock: he always goes for it when we watch football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back