How many dpo should i test after a mmc?

Melly41

Reaction score
I had a mmc 5 weeks ago and an mva 4 weeks ago. Im currently 11dpo and not sure when to take a hpt. Im having af type cramps and lower back ache and some yellow cm (sorry tmi) so expecting her to arrive over the weekend! If she doesnt...how long should i leave it as dont really have an idea of when af due as this will be my first since mc. I dont want to test early but not sure how long to leave it. Was thinking of monday as i will be 14dpo so hcg might be detected if i am pregnant? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

Hi Melly! I don’t have any patience, so I always test the second I feel any symptom. If I were a more patient version of myself, I might start trying to test 14dpo if af hasn’t come. Sorry I don’t have any experienal advice (you seem to be just a few days ahead of me in the MC process) but I hope you can keep your patience over the weekend! Good luck xx

Thanks honeygirl. Patience is not my strongest point! I font want to feel gutted getting bfn. Rather af show rather than a bfn! Have visitors tonight till sunday so that will distract me! Both of us need to keep busy! X

Ugh I know how difficult that is!! Try and hold off if you can! Let me know how it goes, have a good weekend!

Have family here so will not test before monday unless af shows!:did IC yesterday which was negative. Having a few af signs though! X

No but took an early detection test and got neg. Hcg would have definately been detected now at 14dpo so defo not preg this month. Just waiting for af now before moving into the ttc window again! How are you?

I’m ok, confused as always these days. Took a test this morning and got a faint positive after having negative all weekend and positive the week before! So weird. Going back to the dr tomorrow to get the results from my blood work and have another exam...so we’ll see!

Keep me posted, sorry about your BFN...maybe it’s better anyway to try once you’re back on a normal cycle? Part of me wishes I had done that so I wouldn’t be so confused now!

Hopefully doctor will give you some answers..its do frustrating! I felt ok this am about the bfn but now feel tearful...i suspect im hormonal as af due! I just wish she would hurry up so i can move on! Youre right about it being better to have one af out the way....still hard though isnt it x

Had my doctor’s appt today. He said my levels were still a bit up last week and I probably had a test that was more sensitive, which is why I tested positive. Then he said I have a small cyst on my ovary from an over developed follicle that should flush out when I get my period. (If I ever get it) he said the reason I’ve been feeling pregnancy symptoms is because of the extra estrogen produced from the cyst. It’s so frustrating and confusing and I just want my period to come so my body to reset. It’s just so weird because I had neg tests over the weekend and then yesterday, positive again. I’ve been tracking my temp, but now I have noooo clue if/when I ovulated.

How’s it going on your end? Any sign of AF?

Oh sorry to hear that but i guess at least you know now? Im playing the waiting game too! No af....tiniest bit on pink cn when i wipe. No other symptoms. I just want it to come now so i can look forwards to next cycle! X

Af arrived this morning so now officially cd1 so we'll see what this cycle brings!

Great! Must be kind of a relief to know where you are now. Hoping mine comes soon so I can reset as well. How many days till you usually ovulate?

I usually ovulate between cd12-16. My cycles are around 26-27 days. Im going to use clearblue fertility monitor to see if i can pinpoint ovulation more accurately. Its been 5 1/2 weeks since mmc and 4 1/2 since mva. I think i ovulated on 9th oct so my af came 16 days later. I suppose given what ive read thats very average. Hope your af comes soon so you can start again. How long since your miscarriage and possible ovulation?? X

Miscarriage was 24/9. I am even more confused than normal right now! Seems to be my natural state right now...I have no idea if or when I ovulated. As of a week ago today, my HCG was 8. Yesterday, I found a hpt in my backpack and got a faint positive! Now I’m trying to remember every time my bf and I had sex and if it’s possible etc etc. Maybe it was a shadow? Maybe it was an evap? Maybe I’m a crazy person...well that last one is a definite! Sick and tired of wondering what’s happening inside my body. Never thought I’d say this, but I’m jealous of you being on your period!! And soon you get to ttc again! Fun times ahead ;)

It is so frustrating. I know i was pleased to get af for once! Its taking a while for hcg to go back to normal but i guess i wss told it could take several weeks. Youd think it being 8 a week ago it would be 0 now?? Perhaps it was an evap? Are you due to have another blood test soon? X

No more blood tests. I should have asked for one when I was there...I guess time will tell! Time ticks by so slowly now...

AF is finally here (I think?) not a typical af for me, usually I start with a fury and it dies down, but this is barely more than spotting. Was your first af weird?

My af different. Heavier for day 1 & 2 and then stopped bleeding! Hopefully thats you back to normal x

Ya I guess most people don’t have a normal af after miscarriage. I’m starting to doubt whether this is a period or just random spotting. Time will tell I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back