• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long should I give it before getting annoyed?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I won something on ebay on saturday. The seller said they would send by first class recorded delivery. I still havnt recieved my item :( Im normally used to a faster delivery than this.

When I sold something on ebay there was a bit to say I had dispached the item, but I cant find anything to say my item has been sent.

Has the postal strike happened yet? I think it is tomorrow- am I wrong?

Im getting slightly annoyed now, should I email the seller to ask when/if it was sent

I know the postal strike is tomorrow, not sure if its affecting anything yet though, I doubt it :think:

I would email the seller just to check :)

I would have e-mailed them by now, just a polite message to ask where it is.

Hi I would email the seller asking if it has been dispatched and when but I wouldnt be annoyed with them just yet maybe say your were a little concerned about it getting held up in postal strike, dont want to risk putting their backs up just yet, hopefully its just held up for some reason and will be with you soon!

i would email them and ask. I dont update my 'despatched items' all the time and they could sent it and could be lost in the post. Check the postal date when you get it and see if they sent it when they said they did. :hug:

I am on the opposite side of the problem: have sold 3 items, on 7th of June, and still no payment. There was a bit of a problem from my side, as my paypal is basic and doesn't accept more than 3 credit/debit cards payments, but I emailed all buyers straight away. All others have been great, and it's all sorted, but 3 still haven't paid, and when i email them, they don't respond!!! I am really annoyed! At least they could tell me, don't want it anymore, give it to second chance candidates...but no, nothing! :twisted:
2 others have not left feedback, I have emailed them to check they have received the items, and again, no reply!!!! :evil:

That is shoking! As a seller, I always give feedback as soon as payment is cleared, I don't (as many others) wait and see what kind of feedback i will receive. If someone has paid, they have completed their part of the transaction, therefore they deserve a positive feedback, but now, I am starting to change my mind!!!

I am really really annoyed! :wall: :evil:

mel xx

melhoney said:
I am on the opposite side of the problem: have sold 3 items, on 7th of June, and still no payment. There was a bit of a problem from my side, as my paypal is basic and doesn't accept more than 3 credit/debit cards payments, but I emailed all buyers straight away. All others have been great, and it's all sorted, but 3 still haven't paid, and when i email them, they don't respond!!! I am really annoyed! At least they could tell me, don't want it anymore, give it to second chance candidates...but no, nothing! :twisted:
2 others have not left feedback, I have emailed them to check they have received the items, and again, no reply!!!! :evil:

I am really really annoyed! :wall: :evil:

mel xx

I hate it when that happens, it drives me nuts :x

I think if your item is coming from UK, then maybe it is affected by the floods......does it say on the sellers profile where in the UK they are?

A polite email as someone else mentioned re: worried about being affected by strike, would be the best option hun.

I'm still waiting for my Mei-Tei that I bought a few weeks ago, I paid to have it posted by International Priority mail (cost £13), tracked and everything, and the tracking site says they have been notified by the seller to expect the item for mailing on 14th June.....I keep checking to see if it has started its journey......and still nothing!!!

I emailled the seller & they said they'd posted it, but have ignored me since Monday
:shakehead:

I recieved a reply today saying they had been in hospital and would dispatch today. I dont know how true this is but i just replied saying sorry to hear that.

tangerinedream said:
I recieved a reply today saying they had been in hospital and would dispatch today. I dont know how true this is but i just replied saying sorry to hear that.

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
could be true, but i'm sceptical.
anyway if it's true i hope he's ok

they cant send it today, its strike day! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member