How long did your birth certificate take to be issued?

nutcase109

Reaction score
Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of lead times, on receiving the full birth certificate after registering their baby? We are hoping to go to a wedding abroad with our new arrival - but Im worried we will be cutting it fine (especially if I go overdue) in getting the full birth certificate thats needed to apply for the babys passport. I hope we dont lose out!

I think if you register at the hospital or the registry office where LO is born they issue i straight away, if you register it at a different registry office then they post it to you.

I;m in the same position as you, luckily the office is on the way home from hospital, so that will be my first stop and if that goes alright then it is straightround to get the photos, although I may just send babe and OH to do that so I can get some rest and then its oer to my bosses house for her to sign the passport form. Blimey, its going to be a busy day!!!!!!!

yup, we got our birth certificate there and then too. and connor's passport came back a week after i sent it (i got the post office to do that check & send thing cos i was paranoid that his photo wouldn't be accepted) :D

:lol: We got it on the day when we registered her. Had to pay £3.50 if we wanted the full certificate though- otherwise we just got the short one.

Birth certificate the same time we were in registering, passport we sent of (didn't use the post office checking facility) and had it back by the end of the week - we applied for the passport in September so I guess end of their busy summer period.

we got willows birth cert straight away we had to pay £3.50 for the full one but we had to wait a month before we could register her as that was there next available appointment.

We got the full one straight away from our local registry office. It cost us £8.50 I think. x

same day and we got a couple of extra short ones cos im rubbish at loosing things :oops:

Got ours on the day but had to wait a month for the appointment.

you always get it the same day unless ur registering in a different county to the one they were born in, like harriet.. she was born in wiltshire but we live dorset but even then we had it 2 days later. but we had to wait until she was 6 weeks for an appointment :shock:

and by the way... they say u have to do it within 6 weeks.. we asked what would happen as we were on the final day and she said oh nothing, we just inform HV to chase you up and remind you lol i was expecting her to say we would get a fine or some thing :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back