How long did it take?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
How long did it take for your pelvic floor to return to normal?

I've been doing exercises but I'm still weeing abit when my bladder is really full or if I caugh/laugh/sneeze, sometimes I dribble wee even when my bladder isn't full (usually if if I squat or bend funny or something. Its really getting me down. It is alot better than when I'd just give birth though, because at first I used to full on wee myself without even knowing I needed the toilet!

It's starting to really bother me :(

OK, not to bring you down more but I'm still waiting. Galen is 17 weeks this Saturday :wall: :roll: But bear in mind I am in incontinence hell here :evil:

Keep doing your pelvic floor and it should slowly improve. Do them a lot. As often as you can. It can take months to get back to normal however. Don't expect it to change overnight. You don't sound too bad with it all things considered. Sounds like mild stress incontinence and that will heal itself in time.

I must be one of the lucky ones as I never really had a problem with this during or after pregnancy.

Sherlock, how is yours coming along, is it still as bad or are you seeing an improvemnt.
Im a little worried because im having problems already, feel like im leeking thru the day.
If i dont wear a panty liner my pants are smely by end of day (sorry tmi)

Charlie:-) said:
I must be one of the lucky ones as I never really had a problem with this during or after pregnancy.

:wave: Same here :wave:

chickadee1976 said:
Sherlock, how is yours coming along, is it still as bad or are you seeing an improvemnt.
Im a little worried because im having problems already, feel like im leeking thru the day.
If i dont wear a panty liner my pants are smely by end of day (sorry tmi)

I've kind of been more or less the same for the past few weeks. I've levelled out but its far from good :wall: But then compared to the first 6 weeks where I would completly wet myself within 15 minutes of going out, its brilliant. But its still very restricting and depressing. And humiliating. But at least I can sit down and feed LO and not wet myself if I sit there longer than 30 minutes.

I just deal with it now. I've stopped getting upset at the constant leaking and so on now. It just is how it is. I have a consultant appoinment in October to discuss things and see if they can do anything else.

I've yet to met or hear from anyone with the level of incontinence I've experienced or am experiencing. It does happen but usually not quite on this scale.

All I can say is keep doing your pelvic floor exercises now and after giving birth. OK , I did them too but hey, I was unlucky. Chances are once the pressure on your bladder is gone and LO is here you'll find things improve no end :)

I managed to soak through a maternity pad within an hour today. I feel like I am not seeing an improvement at all. The worst part is I don't even FEEL it!

JoAnn&Aimee said:
I managed to soak through a maternity pad within an hour today. I feel like I am not seeing an improvement at all. The worst part is I don't even FEEL it!

I'd suggest going over to incontinence pads if you are still hsving problems as they are designed to hold urine whereas maternity pads are not. They are for a different thing so not as absorbsnt for urine.

i never had a problem with it sorry hope it gets better for you soon though
:hug:
xx

ive not had any problems with leaking. but since the birth i still have no sensation of needing to wee. i just go when i realise i havent been for hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back