How long after a period should i ovulate????

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Hiya, this is only my second post but i thought i'd get straight into posting otherwise i'll be a lurker forever lol!!

AS per title how long does it take roughly to ovulate after you've finished a period??

I only ask as when i conceived my DS in 2006 my first day of LMP was october 24th and GP said i conceived on the 6th november does that not seem very close to the last period for me to have ovulated???

i have a 28 day cycle if that helps you in answering, i'm not very clued up in this department lol!!! Hense the silly question!

Lynsey xxx

should be 10-16 days before the first day of your next period.

Mervs mum knows a great website I'm sure she'll be along soon

Yep, for those with a "normal" 28 day cycle then usually you would ovulate on the 14th day of your cycle or there abouts. So say your period usually lasts 5 days, then it would be around 9 days after the end of your period. But, that said, different people can have different lengths of time between ovulation and period starting, so that's only an average. In reality it can be a few days either side too :)

Hope that makes a bit of sense. It's hard to explain, but once you understand it it's easy if you know what i mean?!
xx

ETA: 6th if Nov sounds about right if your last period started on the 24th too :)

Last edited:
Glad it makes sense, wasn't sure if it would :) xx

http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html

This is a great calculator. If you know your cycle length then adjust it but if not go by 28 days until you know otherwise.

CD1 (cycle day 1) is the first day of bleeding. Count your CD's to get your cycle length :)

oooh great website link, Thanks Merv! Thats gone straight in my bookmarks!! xx

I love it because you can keep coming back to it throughout the cycle and see what might be happening :)

If you mark a calendar when you start your period as Day 1, then depending on the length of your cycle - 28 days being average, then you most likely to ovulate between Day 14 and Day 16 of your cycle. However, sperm can live up to 5 days in fertile mucous even if ovulation only lasts 36 hours..
Some girls notice ovulation, others don't by the consistency of their discharge as it usually becomes more clear, sticky and slick.
Look up Billings Method to learn about your mucous changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back