How has being a mum changed your life?

Freya

Reaction score
It really changed mine - for the better. :D

I work at the moment with special needs children - I only went into this line of work after having first child. Would never have considered it before but now I absolutely love it.

I was terrified when pg with first because I thought that I wouldn't know what to do and would make a terrible mother. This is not the case and I feel that it has changed me as a person I am calmer and generally a more loving and empathetic person. Even my close friends tell me that I am different now - much happier and more content.

I wrote this post because today my mum payed me the best compiment ever by telling me out of the blue that I was an excellent mother :D

I just wondered how it had changed other people.

gonna get deep now :D
you know people talk about vocations- something that they were put here to do a calling or whatever you want to call it

well thats what nathan is, i was put here to have and look after him. he is by far the best thing i have ever done. i remember when i graduated i felt really proud but not a touch on what i feel when i look at my boy. :puke: ok ill shut up now im gonna start bawling!!!

nathanmum said:
gonna get deep now :D
you know people talk about vocations- something that they were put here to do a calling or whatever you want to call it

well thats what nathan is, i was put here to have and look after him. he is by far the best thing i have ever done. i remember when i graduated i felt really proud but not a touch on what i feel when i look at my boy. :puke: ok ill shut up now im gonna start bawling!!!

thats so lovely nathanmum, bought a lump to my throat, thats exactly what i meant about having a purpose, before my boy came along there was no purpose to my life nothing i got up went to work partied etc, that was it that was my life and now I relish every second every smile everything, Alfie's saved me, given my life purpose and given me a reason to be here

ok im off :cry:
i cry over everything now. i was watching discovery health last night and there was a thing on about a family that adopted 23 disabled kids one of them died and i was howling at the telly oh had to send me to bed! it was soooo sad he was gorgeous.

i cant imagine my life before my little man came along and thats a good thing! :D
my mum was a bit crap when it came to lookin after us and i always knew id wana b the total opposite when it came to havin my own child and i hope i am!
goin back to work tommorow after havin Jamie and know im gonna bawl my eyes out!!! :cry: :cry:

after all the s**t i've been thru this year with my ex...its having keeley who has given me a reason to carry on :D

she is the best thing i have ever 'created' and looking after her is all i ever want to do!

Im no longer just sam, im mummy :) the comforter, play mate, best friend, bringer of bottles, cleaner of sick... well you get the idea!

ooo.. i feel all soppy now :)

he is the most special thing EVER to me i dont think of the before Braydon days as i dont think i really lived, my baby has made me a better person and i could never love neone more than him

It has made me realise what life is all about, Charlie was not planned, we had been married 9 years when i fell pregnant and had up to then had no intention of having any children, I had a fantastic job which i loved, i had great holidays every year and to be honest dreaded having to stop work and have less money coming in.

It has been the best thing that ever happened to me :dance: :dance:
I am now dreading going back to work in June, i couldnt care less that i am skint and fat (well fatter!!!) every time that little boy smiles at me my heart melts and i just want to kiss him all over. I just wish i could make time stand still so that he stayed like this forever

When people ask me what being a mom is like, I say it's "like Christmas everyday"
Until you have a child of your own you can't imagine the joy it brings to your life, everyone always tells you the bad stuff, never the joy!
When I had first Mason the thought of getting him dressed everyday and deciding what outfit he was going to wear was the best thing ever!

How sad am I? :lol:

I cant ever imagine not having my 2 lo's they are my life now and its what makes each day a blessing they are here with us -xxx-

charlie has given me a life! i cant imagine my life without him in it! whenever i am in a foul mood n dont want to carry on, i just take one look at charlie when he smiles and it all goes away, he keeps me going! would be lost without him! :cry:

I have seen some pretty amazing things in my life. I have travelled the world and had some amazing times and adventures, but Daniel is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done. I have only know him for 4 weeks and I cannot believe the love and happiness that I feel for him. He's truly worth every stretch mark on my stomach and I don't even care that my boobs are now 'ruined'! :wink:

Its changed me into the person that I never knew I wanted to be...I can relate to steph when she said its given her a purpose.

Theres been sleepless nights, tears (and not just from Josh!), tantrums and no end of mischief :lol: but even now when I look at him I just want to cry cos I love him so much :oops:

I cant imagine loving another baby as much as I love him but Im sure I will :)

i really cant think of words to explain how special and perfect and how much i love my little man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back